Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Samsung

Old Aug 7, 2004, 12:27 AM   #11

docprego wrote:
Quote:
Ricko,

How is the MPEG-4 performance? I am very interested in this camera for that feature primarily. Could you e-mail me some clips of the mpeg-4 video to [email protected] or post it somewhere?

For anyone looking for sample photos I found this link:

http://dizin.co.kr/dipeople/proreview/alpha5/0001.htm This is the Kenox Alpha 5 which is the same as the Digimax V50.

yes. i saw those sample pictures and most of them are smooth. compared to W1 pictures, V50 pictures are inferior.night mode shoot is very bad. take a look at one night mode sample picture there and you'll understand what i'm telling you here. i'm wondering why v50 has a bad night mode shoot when in fact the v4 night shoot is excellent based on megapixel.net review. but the date of the pictures taken by V50 in that site were mostly taken in Januarywhich i don't have any idea if the unit is a pre-productionunit or final production unit.
spectator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2004, 7:54 AM   #12

I bought the V50 3 weeks ago as a first Digital camera. Very easy to use with great results. The port cover did come off during the first week but,after use, it does not do so now. A great little camera at an excellant price.
BigMidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2004, 3:23 PM   #13

BigMidge,

Could you post some video samples or maybe e-mail them to me?

Photos would be great too, but I am eager to see a video clip from this camera, there are NONE online anywhere.

Thank you,
Mike
[email protected]
docprego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2004, 11:02 PM   #14

hmm...makes me think so many times before buying this camera after reading Steve's review. dpreview posted sample pictures ofv50 versus that ofcanon s60 (s60 review). it seems that v50 couldn't win in any category except in a long list of features it canpresent in the specification sheet. :sad:i really like to buy this camera because of the features, versatilityand ergomic design....but the most important things about camera, the picture quality and speed, are lacking on this camera. :yawn:

Steve, how about AA NiMH battery performance on this camera? v4 users are complaining that it's eating battery fast. is v50 the same as its predecessor?
Old Aug 16, 2004, 6:01 AM   #15

Just back from vacation during which I´ve used the V50. I amvery pleased with my pictures. I was choosing between this camera and the hp R707. But this has a better macro-performance which is important to me. As for the comparison between the V50 and S60, it doesent surprise me that the latter is the better. I´d sure like to have one, but my vacation would have been a worse one since it is $100 more expensive. The bottom line is that you have too choose from the cameras within your price-range combined with your interests. This camera is fun to use and takes good pictures. I like to use manual control, so I can take control of my own settings and compositions. In my opinion, that evens out flaws in automode which I rarely use on any camera.

I haven´t filmed yet, so I have no videoclips to send. That feature does not interest me that much untilI get myself abetter SD-card.

I understand those who doesen´t buy this camera reading the review (which I´m sure is a just one - but still an opinion), but it would be a shame - you should at leastcheck it out.
ricko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2004, 11:36 AM   #16

posted review of this camera by megapixel.net reinforced steve's review that this camera has many things to present in specs sheet than in real world. :yawn: