Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Samsung

Old Apr 21, 2005, 9:41 AM   #11

If your having trouble with Norton's and you want to save yourself a few bucks you can download and Install ClamWin this is a Open source freeware Virus scanner the only setting I have changed on it is to move infected files to the quarantine Out of the box it only notify any way this little scanner beats Norton's is non system invasive meaning it doesn't write to or do anything to your system registry files Norton's also does that that little fact has also made me more than a few bucks trying to get messed up registry files working again. You can download ClamAV at.
http://www.clamwin.com/
Try it once you do you may want to switch to Open Source altogether. There are NO VIRUSES IN LINUX.
spaceininvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 11:58 PM   #12

The problem is with norton automatically scanning removable media. Turning off this option will solve the problem.
Carskick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2005, 5:01 PM   #13

hey guys i'm new here and ham also having this problem. i'm NOT running any antivirus at the moment and it still doesn't work.. also, i have a SANDISK card reader/writer hooked up and even IT won't work?!?!

I'm having the EXACT same problem though, the message i get is that the card is empty, when it's obviously not.

PLEASE HELP!!!! other suggestions on what you guys did to correct the problem would be great!
dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2005, 9:48 AM   #14

Yes, by all means, get a card reader.

This means your media, regardless of dig cam or the media itself, should be able to talk to your PC.

I have never used USB cable with my dig cams to download pics.

For the forum member who could not get card to be read in his
Sandisk card reader, please specify brand and your operating system (WinXP, etc).

Older operating systems often require a driver download to operate a card reader.

Bottom Line: Card reader means (in most case) MUCH LESS file (photo) transfer woes!
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2005, 3:01 PM   #15

hey.. i should have mentioned.. i have a SANDISK card reader/writer... and i have Window's XP home... and an SD card

when i try to get the pictures from the card, all my PC says is "insert disk into drive G"

but the SD card IS in the proper drive.

thanks for any help
dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:18 AM   #16

Had this problem with exact same symptoms as found on this forum and disabling Norton AV 2003 did resolve it!
Redders80 is offline   Reply With Quote