Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Samsung

Old Nov 6, 2004, 11:03 PM   #1

Bought a Samsung Digimax 201 andINFINEON 128mB SD Card.
To get pics from internal memory to pc easy.
to get pics from SD card when in camera, wouldnt do it
when f: screen eventually opens theres nothing on it

Eros is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 3, 2005, 9:17 AM   #2

- Bump -

I'm having the same problem with my Digimax 4010.

The pics downloaded fine from the internal memory - but won't transfer from the SD card to the pc.Also runningWindows XP. The 'F' drive is also empty.

Any advice is appreciated.

mldmjd5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 2:08 PM   #3

I have the same problem. In fact, the camera absolutely freezes if I connect it to the PC with the SD card installed and I have to pop the batteries to turn it off.

Six calls to samsung didn't help. They claim this is unheard of. If we're all having the problem, I doubt it.

First, they had me exchange the card. No improvement. Then they had me exchange the camera. No improvement.

They finally referred me to my PC maker, who referred me to SanDisk, who sent me a reply inmisspelled gibberish.

I finally gave up and bought a disc reader that was on sale with a rebate at Circuit City.

howie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 3:46 PM   #4

howie14 wrote:
Quote:
I have the same problem. In fact, the camera absolutely freezes if I connect it to the PC with the SD card installed and I have to pop the batteries to turn it off.

Six calls to samsung didn't help. They claim this is unheard of. If we're all having the problem, I doubt it.

First, they had me exchange the card. No improvement. Then they had me exchange the camera. No improvement.

They finally referred me to my PC maker, who referred me to SanDisk, who sent me a reply inmisspelled gibberish.

I finally gave up and bought a disc reader that was on sale with a rebate at Circuit City.

So the disc reader works.?.. Still this is an obvious defect. I too have too pop the batteries just to turn the camera off.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 12:56 AM   #5

The disc reader works fine and, yes, it is an obvious defect even though Samsung won't admit it.

I just figured $20 to workaround the problem was better than going through the hassle of returning the camera, picking out another brand, and plunking down the extra dollars another camera would cost. The deal on the Samsung was good and I like the pics I've taken so far. Any comparable camera would probably have a higher price point anyway.

I also was guessing that it might be some conflict with the software on my PC and that any other camera I bought might also bring trouble. Then I came here and found out it wasn't just my problem, despite what Samsung says.

BTW, did you contact Samsung? I'm just wondering since they "never heard" of such a problem.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 8:49 PM   #6

I sent an email to Samsung customer service. Still haven't heard back.

Ill post if I hear anything. Thanks for the info.

Old Feb 12, 2005, 10:00 PM   #7

My Samsug 4010 is somewhere around my 100th or better digicam
and the one thing I can say is go back to windows 98 or switch to Linux never a glitch and I have only had this Little cam since xmass and it has already made my "wifes" money back at least 10x I was just looking around cause she wont tell me what she paid for it but its beating my other cames that I paid 300 to 400 for. anyone got a street price for it ?
Good clean easy to work pics here and avi's too boot.
spaceininvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2005, 11:41 AM   #8

mldmjd5 wrote:
Quote:
- Bump -

I'm having the same problem with my Digimax 4010.

The pics downloaded fine from the internal memory - but won't transfer from the SD card to the pc.Also runningWindows XP. The 'F' drive is also empty.

Any advice is appreciated.

Had a similar problem running windows XP,it couldn't read my sandisk SD card on a usbsandisk imagematereader/writer.The solution on Microsoft's site was worthless, having already applied all XP patches.

Fortunately, I tried accessing the SD card under windows 2000 and it worked fine, so I formatted the SD card in windows 2000 and now it works fine in XP.

js3845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2005, 11:29 PM   #9

if your running Nortons disable it
spaceininvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2005, 9:25 AM   #10

spaceininvader wrote:
Quote:
My Samsug 4010 is somewhere around my 100th or better digicam
and the one thing I can say is go back to windows 98 or switch to Linux never a glitch and I have only had this Little cam since xmass and it has already made my "wifes" money back at least 10x I was just looking around cause she wont tell me what she paid for it but its beating my other cames that I paid 300 to 400 for. anyone got a street price for it ?
Good clean easy to work pics here and avi's too boot.

Target sold them Thanksgiving weekend for $97. Thanks for the tip on Norton's. I'm just going ahead and using the seperate card reader I bought. Thank God for rebates!