Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Samsung

Old Feb 28, 2006, 1:44 PM   #1

anybody know why my on off switch is playing up. when i press the on button, the camera turns on then off straight away. since september it has done it now and again, but now i cannot use the camera. any suggestions as to the problem and fixing it??
dazzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 2, 2006, 5:20 AM   #2

Mine does this as well periodically, and it was also mentioned in a review I saw online....obviously some kind of design fault...I have no idea how you fix it though I'm afraid.
vincesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2006, 2:14 AM   #3

Hey Guys, I had the same probem, got sick of it and being a curious engineering student ,I decided to take apart the camera and attempt to fix it. found the problem, you probably noticed when you turn the camera on the slider plate doesntopen like it usually does. This is the problem. When you remove the perimeter screws, and take off the back cover plate, you will see an led and right under it a black and silver little piece with a tiny spring and 2 prongs coming out of it. This is what rotates to open and close the slide, mine was jammed shut and I just gave it a little nudge to free it up. now, the only hard part is getting the back plate back on with the slider nob in between the 2 prongs I mentioned...but good luck, it's not a hard fix at all.
hallyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2006, 2:16 AM   #4

Hey Guys, I had the same probem, got sick of it and being a curious engineering student ,I decided to take apart the camera and attempt to fix it. found the problem, you probably noticed when you turn the camera on the slider plate doesntopen like it usually does. This is the problem. When you remove the perimeter screws, and take off the back cover plate, you will see an led and right under it a black and silver little piece with a tiny spring and 2 prongs coming out of it. This is what rotates to open and close the slide, mine was jammed shut and I just gave it a little nudge to free it up. now, the only hard part is getting the back plate back on with the slider nob in between the 2 prongs I mentioned...but good luck, it's not a hard fix at all.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 2:16 AM   #5

Old Oct 9, 2006, 2:16 AM   #6

Old Oct 9, 2006, 2:16 AM   #7

Whoops got a little trigger happy with the mouse button....:-)
Old Feb 22, 2007, 1:49 PM   #8

Hi guys.

I've solved the problem, I guess an engineer would disassemble the thing.... I'm an electrician and I have a... different solution to the problem.

I read about the little springandI found out that I did not own a screwdriver that small, so I put the camera on my lap and gave it a gentle beating. It works again. I guess it sensitive to shock, which must have been the cause of the jam.

Just give it a gentle beating and it'll unjam.

(don't mail me if you've crushed you camera with heavy power tools or brute force, as I will not be responsible for you actions/lack of gentleness)

- LasseFJ
lassefj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 1:51 PM   #9

Hi guys.

I've solved the problem, I guess an engineer would disassemble the thing.... I'm an electrician and I have a... different solution to the problem.

I read about the little springandI found out that I did not own a screwdriver that small, so I put the camera on my lap and gave it a gentle beating. It works again. I guess it sensitive to shock, which must have been what causedthe jam in the first place.

(don't mail me if you've crushed you camera with heavy power tools or brute force, as I will not be responsible for you actions/lack of gentleness)

- LasseFJ
Old Feb 22, 2007, 1:51 PM   #10

Hi guys.

I read about the little springandI found out that I did not own a screwdriver that small, so I put the camera on my lap and gave it a gentle beating. It works again. I guess it sensitive to shock, which must have been what causedthe jam in the first place.

- LasseFJ

... guess I like overposting too...