Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Samsung

Old Jul 27, 2006, 3:31 PM   #1
KcR

I'm interested in both these cameras, but haven't been able to find a review of them anywhere. Does anyone have experience with them, or how they might compare to say the Fuji E-900 or A620?

Thanks,

KR

**Just realized the NV7 doesn't release till this fall. My mistake.
KcR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 21, 2006, 1:58 AM   #2

I'm not sure if this is relevant to you, but I managed to get my hands on the Samsung NV3 and NV10 today when the Samsung salesman for our store brought in the cameras to sample. Both are of amazing build quality and the control interface on the NV10 is simply beautiful! It is amazingly easy to use its completely unbelievable. Its a camera that I was able to pick up and use right away.

For a point and shoot camera, it has manual settings and they have never been more enjoyable to set with the touch button interface. I have to say setting manual settings on this camera are as easy and quick as using an SLR camera. I think the NV7 will also share some of the same qualities. I highly recommend the Samsung NV series.
Renegade_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 12:42 PM   #3

I am thinking to buy the NV7 OPS, I sold my Ricoh R3, it is good but too much noise even at ISO 200. Any one have the link to go to see some sample piture from NV7? I don't know how much noise it has, as long as 'not much' at iso 400 then it is acceptable.
lsifs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2006, 1:33 PM   #4

The NV7 is now available at Circuit City.*I just plugged it in - seems to have nice build. Not sure about focus accuracy yet.Nice audio recording option.Video works - although had to load new CODEC for use with a MAC.Will add more after further use.Martin
mfs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2006, 8:38 PM   #5

Shot several hundred* pictures since I have to know if I'm going to keep it. (Think I will!!)Shots are for the most part very good. Sharp, noise as expected for this size sensor.Several interesting facts - u need to turn on the image shake suppression each time u turn on the camera, and the macro function will not focus correctly if the subject is too far away.Also, macro doesn't really work if lens is at telephoto setting (super macro only works at wide angle).Martin
Old Sep 26, 2006, 4:50 PM   #6

I am interested to see how this camera (NV7 OPS)works out for you as I am planning to get one also. Please post your findings.Is Steve going to do a review on this camera anytime soon?
techgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 8:37 PM   #7

techgeek-

I am also very interested in the Samsung NV-7 OPS camera. The specs are impressive. As far as I can determine there is no review available foreitherthe NV-7 or the L-85 cameras yet.

I did see where Circuit City had the NV-7 available for $399 on their website. I do not know if that$399 price in available their retail outlets, as well?

So please give us a hands on report on the NV-7, please. Their is a webpage for the NV-7, but it is the usual PR propaganda from the Samsung Home Office.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2006, 6:50 AM   #8

I purchased the NV7 at the Circuit City store in Nyack, New York.They had 5 sealed units + 1 demo (after I told them to open it so that I could play with it b4 purchase)!!!Still evaluating - but some observations - the image stabilization needs to be turned on each time the camera is turned on (stupid!!),* the menu system initially seems confusing, but the logic is there and so it eventually becomes more iintuitive, macro is a little confusing - if selected it limits the focus range on both sides of the range so if it is selected and a distant subject is selected - it will be blurry - so must be careful, super macro is only available at wide angle end of range.More info to follow.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 10:05 AM   #9

mfs-

I thank you very much for those tidbits of information. Most of all what I want to see is the photo quality and the noise. Particularly so, because this is a small imager than is installed in the NV-10. Thanks a lot for your valuable input.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2006, 4:25 PM   #10

I am leaving for a 2 week trip, and the NV7 wil go along.I hope to have some images that are indicative of the camera's quality, and would like to share them when I return.Unfortunately, no RAW format, or Adobe RGB color space is available. I will be able to use the camera under lots of different lighting conditions.I am having some difficulty in purchasing a small bag for the camera. The Lowepro site recommended a Rezo 40. The camera lens is too long for the pouch style cases, and I am trying to find a cases that is small, and yet fits the canera.Any suggestions??????Thanks.Martin