Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Samsung

Old Aug 10, 2006, 3:26 AM   #1

Hello I'm new here have a Digimax i6 and have had it since April 2006. It just recently started to leave black bands/strips on every image no matter what the resolution. Any one else have the same problem or even heard of this problem I can't find any info on Google. This camera has never been dropped and it all ways covered kept in its holder. Here is a sample pic to better describe the problem.

http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ingcropdj5.jpg
Jonilink is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 29, 2006, 5:21 PM   #2

This simply looks defective to me. My i6 has done no such thing. All I get is bright vertical bars radiating from very overexposed reflections or light sources such as the sun. These bars are typical for CCD sensors, and look nothing like your problem. It would appear half the scan lines are either not being attempted or recorded.

You could try some tests:

- does this happen with video and/or some or all resolution stills?

- does it happen with both internal memory and a memory card?

- do the lines show up when you display images taken with another camera and renamed and stored in the i6? (this would test if the effect is happening when the image is taken, or later)
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 6:42 PM   #3

I have the same problem. My i6 was functioning fine until about a week ago, when almost every image would have streaks of lines across it. It does seem like a software problem. Was your problem solved?
ErwinL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2006, 4:15 PM   #4

I had the same Problem on Digimax i50. This is not a software problem. I send it back for repair and they had to replace optical subsystem.
eonfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2006, 1:53 PM   #5

I had the same problem with a Digimax i5. It had to be returned to Samsung twice and a new barrel assembly was fitted. It's been fine since although also had to be returned for a new circuit board because the video function kept freezing too. Now that it's had the new parts it's working well!
karenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2006, 1:03 AM   #6

I have a digimax i5 and have the same problem but it is fine on video mode. having read this thread it looks like it'll have to be sent back for repairs.
broz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2007, 3:50 AM   #7

same problem with me and the samsung digimax i6.
and it sucks so bad!
video is totally ok (though no sound is recorded while zooming in and out when filming), but the pictures are all trash.
yannique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2007, 8:43 AM   #8

I purchased the i6 in April of 2006 and it was an amazing camera, very happy with the size and quality. It started putting vertical lines in some pics a month ago and now all pics taklen outside are washed out. Inside pics with or without flash seem to be OK. I have reset it several times and adjusted the white balance without solving the problem. It seems to have failed in just over one year. It has never been dropped or subjected to anything that would damage it. I have found several other similar reports on different web sites.
KapnImu is offline   Reply With Quote