Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Samsung

Old Oct 3, 2006, 6:27 PM   #11
Ale

is there any update regarding the nv3??

it seems to be a very handy camera with good movies and picture quality...

can someone give me another feedback on this?

thanks in advance
Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2006, 11:54 AM   #12

Had this camera for a week now - superb!! I'm not interested in Mp3 or video playback, so can't comment on those attributes. What this camera does for me is take superb photograohs on Auto setting, and pretty good movie clips. Ergonomically the best camera I've ever used (others owned = Fuji 9500, 7000 and F700). Battery life excellent, and looks to die for. Recommend leather samsung case from fotoSENSE if you want it to keep its looks!
Tim1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2006, 12:50 AM   #13

If anyone wants to know the difference between the i6 and the NV3, first is the style, second is the megapixels (6.1 vs 7.1), and finally there is stereo sound on the unit. If you look on the top of the camera, there are actually two spots that look like buttons. They are stereo speakers. This is a life camera...everything you need is in this little beauty.
Renegade_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2006, 4:43 PM   #14

other features the NV3 has over the i6:

- 720X480 video mode (but at 20fps)
- audio track is not muted during zooming in videos
- thumbwheel mode control
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2006, 10:10 AM   #15
Ale

between the sony cybershot t10 and the samsung nv3,which one shall I choose, since both are practically the same, except sony assembles high quality zeiss lenses, whereas samsung's assembles an unknown one.

furthermore, I'd feel more comfortable buying a sony product rather than a samsung camera, since I guess that Sony has more experience in this field that Samsung does.

Can you guys, especially those who posess the Samsung NV3 OR the Cybershot T10, give me useful advice?

Thank you very much in advance.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 6:45 AM   #16

What more do you want - have you bothered reading replies to your last post? You're obviously looking for someone to talk you out of buying the NV3 and make you feel better about buying your Sony. That's fine, just don't waste everybody's time pretending you want to make an informed choice!
Tim1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2006, 7:48 AM   #17
Ale

dear tim,

I have been following the posts to this topic, even in other discussion forums.

However, what I need is a direct comparison between those two models.

I don't wanna make a mistake in buying a fotocam, especially when I have to pay such an ammount of money.

But thanks for your kind advice.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 10:08 AM   #18

Tim,

that's a bit harsh. There is no need to be defensive. I can understand his concern and can clearly see he wants to be talked into the NV3 not the Sony as you seem to suggest. While Samsung in my opinion does make decent products, the reviews of their cameras and camcorders haven't exactly been stellar until very recently and there is nothing worse than handing over your hard earned cash and then being vastly dissapointed because you didn't pick up on the flaws of a Product.

Ale,

On circuitycity.com it's getting very good ratings but I don't see anyone mentioning the video quality. If you intend to use the video mode a lot, then you might want to look at the review on dcresource.com. He wasn't impressed with the video on this device and I have to say that the clip doesn't impress me either. You can see very noticeable artifacting. In fact my Aiptek seems to have slightly better video quality when viewed full screen. Considering that the sample clips I have seen from the cheaper Samsung L60 video seem much better, I am surprised by this. It does seem that Samsung likes to err on the too compressed side. He also said the sound was out of sync, but this is why I like to wait until more than one professional review it available, to see if it was his setup rather than a fault with the camera. Hopefully Stevesdigicams or the major sites will review it in the near future as well.

The Sony is also much more expensive and uses proprietry memory sticks. So you need to factor that into the equation. At the end of the day, try and buy it from someone with a good return policy.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote