Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Sanyo (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/sanyo-33/)
-   -   Cheaper Batteries for HD1000, HD1010 - $22 (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/sanyo-33/cheaper-batteries-hd1000-hd1010-%2422-148060/)

Tummy Oct 22, 2008 12:31 PM

I happen to notice that Kodak uses the same battery as the HD1000/HD1010, but slightly lower capacity 1700 mAh vs 1900 mAh for Sanyo. The Kodak battery is $26, vs $43 for the Sanyo branded one.

My friend's aunt has a Kodak camera with this battery. We recharged her battery in my HD1010 when she forgot her charger and it worked just fine in my Sanyo.

Amazon.com - Kodak Battery Link

Sorry, I posted the wrong price in the title. As of now, the price on Amazon is around $26.

Tummy Oct 22, 2008 12:40 PM

I searched a bit more and there are also generic alternatives but I haven't personally tried them:

$10.92 - Lenmar DLKA5 Replacement for KODAK KLIC-5001

$3.75 - Kodak KLIC-5001 Brand New Equivalent 2000mAh LithiumIon Camera/Camcorder Battery, Long Lasting cell.

This one says it's 2000mAh, so should last longer. For $3.75 I might give it a try, but shipping will add to that price.

$8.95 - Maximal Power DB KOD KLIC-5001 Replacement Battery for Kodak Digital Camera/Camcorder (Black)

renpriv Oct 23, 2008 2:31 AM

I got a spare battery off ebay for my HD1010 and although it was advertised as 1700mh, when it arrived it was 1900mh just like the original.

Very quick delivery from Hong Kongand forĀ£5.49, which is roughly $9.00 it was an absolute bargain!!!!! :cool:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DB-L50-Replace...3286.m63.l1177

staats Oct 23, 2008 7:01 AM

Having been burned several times over the years on digital camera and camcorder batteries I just don't buy knock-offs or from unknown vendors. I had to throw away several batteries.

Bob S.

cathy9089 Oct 23, 2008 7:07 PM

staats wrote:
Quote:

Having been burned several times over the years on digital camera and camcorder batteries I just don't buy knock-offs or from unknown vendors. I had to throw away several batteries.

Bob S.
what risk your expensive camera and life for those unknown aftermarket batteries. The original one is not expensive and they lasted much longer.

Cresho Oct 23, 2008 11:37 PM

one battery company I would trust is mugen. I tried other brands and for some reason, the amp output from certain brand names caused problems in the camera like flickering video or flickering lcd. This is my expirience with unknown brands. You really need a good battery for units such as the hd1000. it has motors and you can feel actual heat coming out of the unit from all the processing it does. If you cut the amp lifeline so to say, you basically will super heat the hd1000 when it tries to draw more power from a battery that hit it's limit.

staats Oct 28, 2008 4:31 AM

cathy9089 wrote:
Quote:

staats wrote:
Quote:

Bob S.
what risk your expensive camera and life for those unknown aftermarket batteries. The original one is not expensive and they lasted much longer.
How could you possibly know which camera I was using and how expensive the batteries were?

The originalswere indeed stupidly expensive and did not hold a charge very long requiring me to go to an external battery pack. Some knock-offs (sold by the camera store) didn't work for very long. I never had one get hot or explode though. If it's a well know brand that's making replacements then I don't have a problem using them.

Joseph_Lee Oct 31, 2008 6:05 PM

staats wrote:
Quote:

cathy9089 wrote:
Quote:

staats wrote:
Quote:

Bob S.
How could you possibly know which camera I was using and how expensive the batteries were?

The originalswere indeed stupidly expensive and did not hold a charge very long requiring me to go to an external battery pack. Some knock-offs (sold by the camera store) didn't work for very long. I never had one get hot or explode though. If it's a well know brand that's making replacements then I don't have a problem using them.
If you do shopping around, you could get 50-70% off on the original batteries. I got my DB-L50 here
https://www.warehouse123.com/Product...d=SANDBL50-BLK

staats Oct 31, 2008 8:09 PM

Where are the reasonable Sanyo batteries?

The Kodak branded one should be just fine and it' s1/2 the price. I don't see a reason to go with the Sanyo.

Joseph_Lee Nov 1, 2008 1:48 PM

staats wrote:
Quote:

Where are the reasonable Sanyo batteries?

The Kodak branded one should be just fine and it' s1/2 the price. I don't see a reason to go with the Sanyo.
I got my Sanyo DB-L50 for $33.50

The battery is 1900mah with famous Sanyo Cell.
Remember, Sanyo is the world leading battery manufacturer. Its rechargeable battery production has been holding the top market share worldwide. Many people are happy for pay extra for Sanyo's Eneloope.

The Kodak one is only have 1700mah which is using some normal battery cell.

For those aftermarket china replacement batteries, they are juck and just forget about it. They perform very bad and they may expose.

staats Nov 2, 2008 6:23 AM

I had not heard that about Sanyo batteries.

I agree about the cheap China crap, been there.

I have had other generic batteries like for my Canon camcorder that were very good but they were a know aftermarket brand not an Ebay or camera store special.

That being said, I haven't seen the Sanyo that cheap and I'm not comfortable with a cheap price from an Ebay seller for the reasons already mentioned. The Kodak branded battery is probably fine but 200mah less out of 1900 for half the price. So with the Kodak I get 3400 hours versus 1900 albeit with a battery swap.

Could share with us where you got the Sanyo so reasonably?

Mostly, I've seen $41-43US.

Thanks Bob S.

Tummy Nov 4, 2008 2:12 PM

I wanted to add that I bought a couple extra Sanyo batteries for the full price $45 each and haven't had a day where I actually needed them. When traveling I put the camera in the dock each night at the hotel and never had to break out the extra batteries.

Joseph_Lee Nov 7, 2008 1:54 PM

staats wrote:
Quote:

I had not heard that about Sanyo batteries.

I agree about the cheap China crap, been there.

I have had other generic batteries like for my Canon camcorder that were very good but they were a know aftermarket brand not an Ebay or camera store special.

That being said, I haven't seen the Sanyo that cheap and I'm not comfortable with a cheap price from an Ebay seller for the reasons already mentioned. The Kodak branded battery is probably fine but 200mah less out of 1900 for half the price. So with the Kodak I get 3400 hours versus 1900 albeit with a battery swap.

Could share with us where you got the Sanyo so reasonably?

Mostly, I've seen $41-43US.

Thanks Bob S.
You know, Panasonic is going buy sanyo because Sanyo is one of the leader in the batteries field. I have been using orginal Sanyo DB-L20 for years and I found they have good charging cycle. I assume the DB-L50 will do the same.

Get Sanyo DB-L50 for reasonable price, try here

staats Nov 9, 2008 8:57 AM

Did ya check out the shipping? Not so cheap after all.

renpriv Nov 17, 2008 7:42 AM

As an update...

Just got from Hong Kong and my cheapo battery performed brilliantly as an extra power source with no noticeable drop in performance from the original :cool:

redrac Dec 11, 2008 5:36 PM

I do not know about the 1000 or 1010 but I bought 2 dbl20 for my c6 from buy.com for about 8 each shipping included. They came in in about 4 days almost fully charged and work great they don't run as long as the original about 45 minutes vs 70 minutes for the original. The original was not holding a charge and was getting bloated so this was a good deal for me, check them out maybe they have one you can use.

MP4-19B Jan 29, 2009 12:20 AM

Yeah, I recently ordered more batteries off ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-x-DB-L50-L50A-...713.m153.l1262

$30 shipped for 4 batteries! This is a good deal! But all in all, I still think the original batteries have better performance.

arizona321 Jun 14, 2009 3:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redrac (Post 934691)
I do not know about the 1000 or 1010 but I bought 2 dbl20 for my c6 from buy.com for about 8 each shipping included. They came in in about 4 days almost fully charged and work great they don't run as long as the original about 45 minutes vs 70 minutes for the original. The original was not holding a charge and was getting bloated so this was a good deal for me, check them out maybe they have one you can use.

What brand are these replacement batteries? I'm now looking for some DB-L20 batteires.

MP4-19B Oct 16, 2009 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph_Lee (Post 926482)
staats wrote:
You know, Panasonic is going buy sanyo because Sanyo is one of the leader in the batteries field. I have been using orginal Sanyo DB-L20 for years and I found they have good charging cycle. I assume the DB-L50 will do the same.

Get Sanyo DB-L50 for reasonable price, try here

Is this the same battery? This is 1900mah model! Seem the price has been up a little bit! All the 3rd party battery doesn't work well after 3-4 months. I will order the orginal battery from now on.