||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Jul 9, 2007, 1:50 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2007
After 7 days of ownership, the E1 is being returned.
Compelling reasons for keeping the unit:
- excellent video for MP4
- not too big considering it has a waterproof housing
- ease of use
- reasonably priced considering what it can do
The battery door.
- the battery door has to be opened if you want to use the USB
- the battery door does get in the way when you are accessing files or playing back on the TV
- the high use of the battery door may result in premature waterproof seal failure.
The pointy camera bottom puts a lot of stress on a shirt pocket.
Reason for returning the unit:
The camera has auditory challenges.
- I tested it with an audio signal program and noted that it was relatively deaf to
frequencies below 350 hz. Also, the microphone is somewhat insensitive.
- Audio output from the camera and videos played on my notebook or TV was very
weak. I had to boost volume and wave to maximum on the notebook. On the TV
normal programs require a volume setting of 10; to hear the audio from the
camera, the setting has to be at least 27. This is an extremely loud setting for a
normal TV program.
Previously recorded clips from the CG6 play with plenty of volume at normal settings on my notebook.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|