Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Oct 29, 2006, 11:16 AM   #11

Can someone tell me how you charge the camera. Is the charging plug hidden behind a cover and can it be charged while being used?
s96024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2006, 11:51 AM   #12

The CA6 actually doesn't have a socket for a charging plug on it (only a slot for the DB-L20 battery). I think the only way to give it charge is through batteries (which are charged in the external wall-charger).The device doesn't seem to charge via USB either.

An ambitious engineer could probably make a dummy battery to slide into the unit which drawspower from a larger battery separate from the camera, perhapsvia a suitable car charger. The CA6 doesn't seem to object (i.e. records as normal) when the battery/usb/card hatch is open at the bottom so such a battery modification could conceivably work. I'd say, however thatwater resistance wouldbe significantly lessened by keeping the little hatch on the bottom ajarand arguably the most crucial bits would be exposed in wet conditions (i.e. the USB socket, the battery slot and the SD card slot). Such a modification would probably not be for the fainthearted.
niftimusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2006, 12:15 PM   #13

Thanks. That answers my question on whether to buy that as a replacement to my c6 then. With my c6 and an extra battery and 2gb card I can get 2hrs continous recording.
s96024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2006, 11:09 PM   #14

I am assuming the Sanyo C40 won't be able to use the new SDHC cards, but will it be able to use the non standard 4GB regular SD cards that I am reading about? If 2GB is it's limit then that ain't so bad, but it would be nice to know if it could use anything higher.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote