Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Oct 3, 2006, 4:05 PM   #11

Thanks a lot for your clarification, I really needed it.
hd1user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2006, 10:47 AM   #12

I'm confused with all the tpes of SD or SDHC cards out there. I'm not sure what the HD1A optimal requirments are for an SD card regarding read and write speed. Please advise on all optimal specs for an SD and SDCH cards for the HD1A.
bestspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2006, 11:54 PM   #13

Any SD or SDHC cardshould work. We can not guarantee all cards, but we also have not heard of issues between the HD1/1a and any card. The speed for recording is not important as the speed of a standard SD / SDHC card is faster than the megabits-per-second recording of the HD1/1a.

Personally, my favorite card is my Kingston Ultimate 2GB card as it is my fastest card. The speed becomes important when you go to transfer 2GB of data from your card to your computer. I use an awesome high-speed USB 2.0SD card reader and that is why slow cards annoy me as they can take significantly longer to transfer.

Hope that helps.
Sanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2006, 10:23 AM   #14

Thanks for the help! Funny, there are some crimimal retail web sites (Broadway, Prefered Photo, etc.) recommending a $300+ media cards thatare "error" free as recomended accessories for the HD1's. I actually called one and asked why such expensive SD card accessories, they said Sanyo requires this type of card. I knew it was bogus as they try to lure you in with a low HD1 advertised price and try to rob you with add ons.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 4:02 PM   #15

Anyone got a link to where to buy the card?* And what is a good price?THX.
Chopper9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2006, 5:11 PM   #16

Does any sd card reader work for the higher transfer speeds? Does any reader work for the SDHC cards?
Old Oct 30, 2006, 8:27 PM   #17

bestspartan wrote:
Quote:
Does any sd card reader work for the higher transfer speeds? Does any reader work for the SDHC cards?
Does any sd card reader work for the higher transfer speeds? Yes. The speed of the card doesn't matter.

Does any reader work for the SDHC cards? No. The card reader must be SDHC compliant to read SDHC cards (most are not). I'm told that this card reader ( http://www.kingston.com/flash/15in1.asp ) has been updated to read SDHC cards. Double check before you buy.

You can always use the HD1/1a/CA6 as a card reader with the USB 2.0 cable provided. It can read and transfer the SDHC cards in the interim until more card readers are available.
Sanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:36 AM   #18

I wish this info was posted a few days earlier - it's exactly what I was was wondering last Friday night! lol

I ended up ordering an HD1a (CircuitCity.com - found a 10% off coupon online - saved $66) and was wondering what would be the best bet for the SD card. My initial thought was to go with two 4GB Transcend cards from Newegg, but instead I ended up buying into the hype on SDHC... My rational was that if it was the 'going forward' standard, then I may as well start there with 1 card and hopefully the prices would come down soon enough to let me pick up a spare.

I ended up going w/ the Sandisk 4GB SDHC http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Prod...o.aspx?ID=1982

It comes with an SDHC card reader (didn't realize that I could have used the HD1a as my SDHC reader! Guess that makes sense though! lol).

I picked it up from buy.com for $122 (free shipping) after their $10 off for using Google Cart promo... Not sure if that's a decent deal or not, but after shopping around, I don't feel like I got robbed. (Did I?)

After reading these recent posts though, I may go ahead and pick up a regular SD for my spare.

Thanks for the info!
shibumi is offline   Reply With Quote