Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Sep 27, 2006, 11:16 AM   #1

I've been playing with the Pretec 8GB SDHC card with the Xacti HD1a camera for about a week now.

So far, it works just fine. (required a format in the camera prior to first use).

Camera states the following capacities:

TV-HQ – 08:04 (eight hours, 4 minutes) approx. record times.

TV-SHQ – 05:32

HD-SHQ – 01:55

HD-HQ – 02:51

5M-H – 3192 approximate pictures

5M-S – 4788

3.8M 16:9 – 7545

Just FYI. (not an endorsement of the card).
Sanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 27, 2006, 11:46 AM   #2

Hello, I would like to know if it works on HD1 too (after the firmware upgrade to enable SDHC capability).

Thanks in advance.
Bye!

hd1user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 3:12 PM   #3

hd1user wrote:
Quote:
Hello, I would like to know if it works on HD1 too (after the firmware upgrade to enable SDHC capability).
Can you pointus to this firmware upgrade for the HD1?

Thanks!
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 4:55 PM   #4

It has been released on August on Sanyo's Japanese site: http://www.sanyo-dsc.com/support/updata/dmx_hd1/ (I'd suggest you to use a language translator if you dont know japanese)

Anyways that firmware upgrades HD1 to 1.0.1, enabling the use of SDHC SD cards.
Would be great if the user Sanyo could tell us if SDHC SD cards greater than 4gb works on HD1 too

Old Sep 27, 2006, 5:35 PM   #5

Thanks, got it, I'm collecting them. Hmmm, couldn't theyadd SDHC supportto the C6 with a firmware update as well? (Don't see any on the Japanese support web site).
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2006, 12:42 PM   #6
Administrator

The very first thing the HD1 firmware updateinstructions say is:

This firmware is DMX-HD1 exclusive use. Please do not use for the other model.

So I would not try it with a VPC-HD1, just FYI
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 5:42 AM   #7

That isnt true, there are people who have already upgraded their HD1.. one is from russia (same HD1 as in europe) another one is from us.

I didnt have tried on my hd1 yet, because i dont need SDHC support yet, but I will do it when I will need to use 8gb cards, if the new firmware supports them

Would be nice if Sanyo could reply something about that

P.s. DMX-HD1 = VCP-HD1EX = VCP-HD1, the machine is always the same. That warning, Imho, just means "do NOT use it on your xy model (id C6, C5, etc)".
Moreover the firmware update is in japanese only, so how could it be suggest to be used also by not-japanese people?
Old Sep 30, 2006, 5:00 PM   #8

hd1user wrote:
Quote:
All HD1's that were imported by SANYO Fisher Company in the USAand sold through authorized resellers are SD 2.0 or SDHC compatible.

The Pretec 8GB SDHC card is working in the HD1 the same as it is working in the HD1a.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 6:00 PM   #9

Wonderful! Thanks a lot for this reply!!!

But, do I have to upgrade the firmware to 1.0.1 in order to get able to use SDHC cards (like 8gb by Pretec) on my HD1 or it doesnt require any upgrade?

I've bought my HD1 in europe in april, from Sanyo Fisher (europe), serial number: 02910296.

Thanks again
Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:16 PM   #10

"But, do I have to upgrade the firmware to 1.0.1 in order to get able to use SDHC cards (like 8gb by Pretec) on my HD1 or it doesnt require any upgrade?"

While I can not state 100% for the other regions as I only cover the USA market, I don't think that you do. I have one of the original HD1 EX's (our original 24 production sample units were all from the EX production due to timing) andthose 24 unitswerealready set from the initial shipping firmware.

I think that the DMX model's firmware was set just prior to the ratification of the SD 2.0 standard and thus that model requires the upgrade.

The fact that it is the only region that is offering that particularly important upgrade also suggests that the other regions are already SD 2.0 compatible.

If the camera works with any card 4GB or larger, than you know that it is SDHCor SD 2.0 compatible.