Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Oct 3, 2006, 2:13 PM   #1

Hello all. I am very new to digital cameras and I am having a hard time with the Sanyo. I have no idea how to upload the pictures or video that are on the camera. I installed the discs and the Ulead program. I am using a laptop with Windows XP running.It seemsprograms are not recognizing the USB port, even though it says 'USB connected' on the camera display. I looked at other posts, but nothing is helping me out. I'm lost! Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance.
akeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 4, 2006, 5:00 AM   #2

It is a lot easier to use a card reader.
celsius2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2006, 7:21 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. What is a card reader? Is it something I can download?
Old Oct 4, 2006, 12:02 PM   #4

I am surprised you do not know anything about a card reader.

Mostdigital camera users use a carder to transfer photos to a PC.

What can I say?

Go to a computer accessories shop and ask. A nice saleman should be able to tell you how to use it.

Do you pay excessive price for it. Around $10 is reasonable.

Old Oct 4, 2006, 10:51 PM   #5

Hi akeja, you shouldn't need a card reader. The digital camera, by default, when connected to a PC via USB will act as an SD card reader. When you connect thecamera via the USB cable to your Windows XP PC a new drive should appear on your PC which is basically the contents of your SD card in your camera. You do not need to install any additional software, it should just work out of the box. It should be that easy.

Steps should be: camera off, closed; connect USB cable from camera to PC; power on camera; if you get a menu on the camera, select "card reader" mode.

Now if your USB port does not work properly, that is another issue, you may need updated drivers for your PC (supplied by the PC manufacturer), or perhaps just make sure your Windows XP is fully up to date (Windows Update). First, make sure the cable are properly connected (fully inserted).
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 2:01 AM   #6

Thanks Celsius and Caelum for your help. Luckily, I didn't have to buy a card reader.Now I see what I did wrong.When I had my camera on andconnected the USB cable to the computer nothing happened, but once I connected the cable,THEN powered up the camera, everything worked fine. Needless to say I'm very :-)!

Thanks again!
Old Oct 5, 2006, 5:46 AM   #7

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
Hi akeja,

Steps should be: camera off, closed; connect USB cable from camera to PC; power on camera; if you get a menu on the camera, select "card reader" mode.
That is simple enough. I suggested a crad reader as he was having problem connecting to PC.

To be honest I never connected the camera to PC with a cable. I just do not bother to dig out the cable and the dongle/dock. A card reader is always around (and one in the laptop) so it is easier for me that way.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 6:42 PM   #8

If I ever become more advanced with digital photography, I will surely look into a card reader. I always appreciate advice from knowledgeable people.