Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 11, 2006, 7:43 AM   #1

hey everyone, be great if someone could tell me the best default setting for this camera C5 xactisanyoi always seem to find it difficult to findthe correct setting and get the best photo quality when im out

most of my photos are taken at night, and of bands

sometimes in low lit areas, but then again at concerts with crazy light shows

will be good to hear from the keen machines and the knowledge masters..

CHEERS FOR YOUR HELP!

br
bostonrebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 11, 2006, 12:27 PM   #2

Hi, I don't own the C5 but the C6. It seems the C5 doesn't handle low light as well for video (C6 has pixel mixture technology)...

But I think the C5 and C6 are pretty similar when it comes to photos (stills).

I'm no master, and I mainly use the presets because it's much quicker than trying to set up all manually. I'll only use manual settings for very specific shots. Toshootlaser light shows, "Fireworks" mode works well (actually works well with Fireworks too... go figure :-)). Using a tripod to shoot stills at night is almost a must. With "Night view" moving subjects will blur with the long exposures, but it can produceinteresting effects, and if the flash is discharged it can freeze the foreground subjects well. If video resolutionstills are sufficient, for use on the web, "Lamp" mode willshoot high ISO (800 on C5, 3600 on C6 due to pixel mixture) stillsgiving you the most light for your exposure. In full auto thesmall flash is pretty well useless for anything further than 5 feet.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2006, 7:35 PM   #3

cheers buddy thanks for your input, ill run with that and give it a whirl

TAKE LOTS OF PHOTOS!!!
Old Nov 25, 2006, 10:31 PM   #4

heyyy just wondering, when your taking photos at night you obviously need a flash, is there a way to get rid of 'red eye' in the photos..

the only way i knowis to edit them out using a program...it just that just takes time and i dont know what program to use or how to do it!. haha can u help me out?:?
Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:18 AM   #5

The C6 has a red-eye removal tool, it's so-so, but I guess the C5 doesn't. Still, I think these cams are not so good for flash photography given the weak flash, and lack of a red-eye reducing flash.

Most photo editing softwares have a specialized red eye removal tool, it only removes the the red in the eyes without otherwise changing the photo. Sorry I can't recommend a good software; I use Corel Photo-paint simply out of old habit, it does the job.

BTW, a really good software to remove noise is Neat Image, I highly recommend it to reduce noise for photos taken at night. It does a much better job than other noise reducers in other editing software, like Photoshop, etc.. Try the demo, it's almost full featured:

http://www.neatimage.com/
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2006, 3:20 PM   #6

My C40 also has the red eye removal tool. Was there any good reason they didn't include a preflash in these cameras? My son has large pupils so red eye is a big problem with him although thankfully the red eye tool seems to work fine in removing this. It's just tedious having to do this afterwards when a preflash on my Minolta works just as well if not better.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 9:46 AM   #7

My guess is no preflash just because the flash is already so wussy on these cameras; after the pre-flashes there would be no energy left in the flash to light the scene!
brachiopod is offline   Reply With Quote