Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 2, 2007, 11:30 AM   #31

I disagree that the lack of battery is now the problem. I love having the camera in my pocket available at a moment's notice to take pictures or video, but with my 2GB card I sometimes run out of room if I hadn'temptied it out for a couple of weeks. I will definitely be buying an 8GB card and I saw recently on pricegrabber.com the transcend class 2.0card for only $55!!! I just typed in "8gb sdhc".

Heck, at that price I may as well pick up a couple of them!

Or, maybe I should wait fora 16GB SDHC card...
Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 11:59 AM   #32
arp

Grunchy,

I agree with you! At hollydays is great 8GB and you can charge battery but canĀ“t "charge" memory card!

Regards
arp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 12:17 PM   #33

Ah... but as Steve pointed out in the past, it's not always a good idea to have all your eggs in one basket. That is, the more videos/stills you have on one card the more you could potentially lose in an instantifanything happens to that single card... especially if you haven't bothered to make abackup copy of your dataprecisely because you have so much room to spare.:-)
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 5:53 PM   #34

Caelum.. true, buta memory card isa lot more reliable than, for instance,a diskette. Though I guess the camera could glitch one day (perhaps from a low battery) and corrupt the entire file system.

Actually, I wonder.. how are people backing up their video archives? Are you burning DVDs,copying themonto the hard drive, etc?

I have this dim idea that one day I'll pull some of the raw footage clips into an edited video, but on the other hand it's fun to look at individual clips just the way they are & reminisce that way. I have a little boy who's 4 in a few days, it's fun to look at the clips from when he was 2 and see how much he's changed :-)
Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 7:20 PM   #35

Grunchy wrote:
Quote:
[...]how are people backing up their video archives?[...]
I have two HDs in my PC,vids/pics always go from the SD cards to both HDs and also on the notebook PC's HDfor portable viewing, so it's redundant, then I make backups once in a while on (data) DVDs. It's not a RAID setup, just two separate HDs, so logical corruption of both at the same time is less likely. I'm thinking of picking up an external USB drive as well to facilitate backups since DVDs are feeling anaemic lately (I know, it's the data sizes that are ballooning!). Or perhaps I'll consider some form of NAS, or perhaps Microsoft's upcoming Home Server? Yeah, lots of digital data to juggle, and it feelspotentially volatile.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2007, 6:41 AM   #36
arp

Hi,

I just bought a Transcend 8 GB class 2, and works fine on my C6!

I can tell you that SD 4GB (non SDHC) work fine too!

My ebay batteries (have 2) can still work only about25 minutes!!! Somebody known a good battery with good price that can still like original Sanyo?

Thanks
Old Mar 12, 2007, 7:09 PM   #37

OrphanBiker from eBay sells you two batteries for $12.48 shipped that are just as good as the original. I love this guy.

Now if only I could find a guy who sells Palm Treo 650 batteries that are just as good...

arp wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

I just bought a Transcend 8 GB class 2, and works fine on my C6!

I can tell you that SD 4GB (non SDHC) work fine too!

My ebay batteries (have 2) can still work only about25 minutes!!! Somebody known a good battery with good price that can still like original Sanyo?

Thanks
ablang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2007, 9:46 AM   #38
arp

ablang,

Thanks! I will try.

I have one that have 1100mAh !!! butis not as good like original...

Anybody know wqtallupseller? Have a good price, but are good?

Thanks
Old Mar 13, 2007, 7:10 PM   #39

Grunchy wrote:
Quote:
I disagree that the lack of battery is now the problem.
Really, I personally think the short battery life is a huge issue right now. If they could push battery life upto an hour or maybe even an hour and a half I might be much more accepting of the other flaws with the camera, but 45 minutes just isn't long enough, for so many things I have to be quite careful what I record to make sure the battery lasts (this is particularly true while using the camera underwater since I can't change the battery).
Arla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 9:48 AM   #40
arp

ablang,

In this topic:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=27

echo7 tell isn't as good as original! I think is like others OEM, never like originals, not?