Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 30, 2006, 1:08 AM   #1

Ibought a HD1 without the dock and am trying to think of a way to show HD from the camera.

Is there any possibility that a divx capable upconverting DVD player with a USB port would be able to show the video from the camera connected via USB? I have heard of some of these running only about $40. May just pick one up from Menards to try it out.

I was thinking of using a modded xbox that I have but it didn't play the HD1 file and have learned that xbox likely doesn't have the processing power to show these HD1 encoded files. (which by the way it is seems strange that the little HD1 can play them but not the xbox).
RonBonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 30, 2006, 7:33 AM   #2

I use this one:

http://www.kiss-technology.com/?p=600en&v=users

With a Sd card reader connected to the front usb I'm able to view all my mp4 video.

Hope this could help
pietromx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2006, 12:41 PM   #3

Cool, though perhaps a little expensive for what I am trying to do at this point.

I used MP4Cam2AVI to change to AVI, which was very quick and then I was able to play the files on my modded xbox, but the HD ones were choppy. At least I know I can play non-hd through the xbox with a 480P connection versus composite out of the HD1. I wonder if the xbox 360 would have the ability and the power to play the HD files. I am not sure from reading the forums that the 360 has support for mp4 files, even after changing them with the MP4Cam2AVI program.

I already have a 360 but I don't have media center OS on any PC.

I noticed VideoDub still can't play the AVI files after using MP4Cam2AVI.

Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:14 PM   #4

Well, I tried it. I brought home a $40 Curtis upconverting DVD player with USB.

Couldn't quite figure out how to get the camera to work with it through the USB cable.

It didn't work to play the files directly from an SD card through a reader either.

However, the Std Def AVI translated files through MP4Cam2AVI worked. The HD MP4Cam2AVI files however did not work. At least the Std Def files look good through the DVD player, but still no HD.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 5:00 AM   #5

Sure Kiss 600 is not cheap, but it is a real HD Multimedia palyer. And it is able to play Nero digital cinema file too. As far as I know, at least for now, the only two Hd Mp4 file player are

AVeL LinkPlayer2 from I-O Data (street Price in Us about 230USD):

http://www.iodata.com/usa/products/p...=AVLP2%2FDVDLA

but It isn't available in europe, and Kiss Dp600 (Strett Price in EU about 300EUR).

So I decide for the last one, and I love it!

Pietro

Old Dec 4, 2006, 11:03 PM   #6

The Curtis couldn't see my USB HD, so I wrote the AVI file to DVD. The DVD player sees the DVD and plays it but with pixelation, like when my cable wasn't coming in good. This happens particularly in fast moving action, but also in slow motion, faces can be distorted, etc.

I can play the DVD on the computer without this happening. Though I have a slow computer and it can be jerky video, it doesn't distort the picture.

So it doesn't appear to be the writing of the DVD but rather the DVD player that has the problem. This same file works fine from a USB attached SD card but from a DVD it has a lot of quality problems.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 1:18 PM   #7

Kiss 600 had some lousy reviews and not available. comments please.

any MP4 DVD players out there?

jbat2

jbat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2007, 9:50 AM   #8

As I said in my previous post the only two HD mp4players, I wasable to find,are AVeL LinkPlayer2 and Kiss 600......

And IMHO Kiss 600 is a nice player.... The first firmware had some bugs, but the new one is not bad at all.... It's not an easy player.... but for my needs it's almost perfect!