Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 15, 2007, 9:42 AM   #21

No there isn't and maybe just as well as I tend to suffer from 'upgrade-itis' ie I tend to want to have the latest firmware regardless if there weren't any real problems with the old one!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2007, 5:00 AM   #22

Below the response from Sanyo support. Seems like I must accept the static noise. Better talk in all my movies, to suppress the sound :?.

"thank you for sending some clips.
Indeed, there is a background noice on right side and also on the right side - but you can hear the noice in the playmode only by noiseless environments and by powerfull sound intensity. Depending on the the specifications of the recording system and the compression, there is a very silent noice in the backround. (maybe on the rightside more then left). So this is not a defect on your camera."

A follow up email suggested I contact my local service center if I want to take it further.

damc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2007, 10:07 AM   #23

Finally found the time to upload a sample of my 'static' sound in the right channel. Nice birds in the left though!

http://s2.quicksharing.com/v/3328011/SANY0059.MP4.html
Old Feb 21, 2007, 9:17 AM   #24

Yes, mine doesn't have that noise. Glad it looks like they are finally going to fix it for you!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2007, 3:21 PM   #25

Well, Sanyo were very helpful and after agreeing the static noise was a problem, they replaced it with a new one. Unfortunately the retailer lost it.... and so they gave me a new one from their supply.... and yes, this new camera almost has the same problem as the previous camera. The static noise is less, and has now 'moved' to the left channel. I don't think I have the patience to send it in again and seeing as it is a notch less irritating I can live with it. Sanyo may have some quality issues in production, who knows.
Will post a clip with the 'less' static noise on model nr 2.