Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 3, 2006, 5:16 PM   #1

Work :

Transcend SDHC 4GB CLASS 6

I don't know if CLASS 2 WORK.
Ophidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 4, 2006, 8:43 AM   #2

Note that Sanyo stated there had been an unreleased firmwarefix for the C6 that addressed compatibility with higher speed 2GB SD cards that is now included in the released firmware. I suspect I had this firmware since I never had issues with any SD cards, espcially high speed 133X 2GB SD cards. This makes me suspect thatyou don't need to assume there will be any SDHC incompatibilities... until someone actually comes across one, that is.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2006, 11:07 PM   #3

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
Note that Sanyo stated there had been an unreleased firmwarefix for the C6 that addressed compatibility with higher speed 2GB SD cards that is now included in the released firmware. I suspect I had this firmware since I never had issues with any SD cards, espcially high speed 133X 2GB SD cards.
I have tested the following compatible 4GB SD cards (NOT SDHC) in my C6 with the upgraded software. All of them work perfectly with 2hrs 47mins max video recording time:

1. Patriot Memory SD card Extreme Performance plus, 133X, PEF4G133SD http://tinyurl.com/ycmrsu

2. Adata Turbo SD 150X 4GB http://tinyurl.com/yz76ss

3. RiDate Pro 150x 4GB SD card http://tinyurl.com/ybhz36

Thanks to Sanyo for getting the upgrade right - it not only works with the new SDHC cards, the ones which don't work in my laptop, PDA, or USB readers, it also works with the generic 4GB SD cards which are fully compatible with most of my other SD-based equipment.

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2006, 10:08 AM   #4

Trevmar wrote:
Quote:
Caelum wrote:
Quote:
Note that Sanyo stated there had been an unreleased firmwarefix for the C6 that addressed compatibility with higher speed 2GB SD cards that is now included in the released firmware. I suspect I had this firmware since I never had issues with any SD cards, espcially high speed 133X 2GB SD cards.
Quote:

I have tested the following compatible 4GB SD cards (NOT SDHC) in my C6 with the upgraded software. All of them work perfectly with 2hrs 47mins max video recording time:

1. Patriot Memory SD card Extreme Performance plus, 133X, PEF4G133SD http://tinyurl.com/ycmrsu

2. Adata Turbo SD 150X 4GB http://tinyurl.com/yz76ss

3. RiDate Pro 150x 4GB SD card http://tinyurl.com/ybhz36

Thanks to Sanyo for getting the upgrade right - it not only works with the new SDHC cards, the ones which don't work in my laptop, PDA, or USB readers, it also works with the generic 4GB SD cards which are fully compatible with most of my other SD-based equipment.
Quote:
The best of these 3??are u sure that cards are fully compatible?? thank you
Old Dec 6, 2006, 11:01 AM   #5

All three work equally well.

Nobody can be absolutely sure that anything will be "absolutely compatible." Electronics do fail, you know. All I can state is that I tested one of each of these cards, they worked in my upgraded C6, and they worked in all my other (modern) SD-based equipment (Dazzle SD-USB adaptor, SanDisk MobilMate SD-USB adaptor, Fujitsu laptop with Ricoh SD interface built-in, HP IPAQ 2415 PDA, Archos Ondio MP3 player).

Old Dec 6, 2006, 11:11 AM   #6

Ok i'll try..

Thank you.
Old Dec 6, 2006, 11:56 AM   #7

Finally received my VPC C6 and I had a Transcend 8gb SDHC class 2.0 waiting. It performs fine after the November firmware upgrade. I dont have a SDHC card reader, soI use the cable/card reader that comes with it.

J
jonny98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2006, 12:02 PM   #8

Johnny,
I have assumed that the maximum filesize that the C6 can create is 4 gigabytes, based on FAT32 limitations. Can you please leave the C6 recording for about 3 hours on the highest quality video, and see what happens? I assume that it will stop recording around 2 hours 50minutes. What we don't know is if the camera exits gacefully, or quits with an error at that point. Of course, if it can create linked files to go beyond the 4GB limit, then that would be nice to know, as well.

Old Jan 11, 2007, 2:55 PM   #9

Question regarding card size: The Sanyo update page says it adds compatibility with 4GB SDHC cards, yet you said you gotan 8GB card to work?

For instance, when the card is blank does it say "5 hrs 25 min" or whatever, recording space? That would be so awesome!

I paid $210 for my 2GB Sandisk Ultra II card last Christmas, I'd love to be able to get an 8GB card for extra big recording space! This Christmas I paid $35for another 2GB card.
Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2007, 11:10 PM   #10

It should correctly say that it adds compatibility with SDHC cards. Currently SDHC cards are available in 4GB and 8GB sizes.
Sanyo is offline   Reply With Quote