Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 12, 2006, 5:27 AM   #1

Hi,

I'm having trouble with my C6, and I'm wondering if others have had this issue, or if I need to have the camera looked at / repaired.

I'm finding that after putting the camera on standby by shutting the screen, opening the screen doesn't wake the camera back up. Pressing and holding the power button doesn't work either -- I need to pull out the battery and replace it in order to restart the camera.

This doesn't happen all the time, but often enough to be annoying. Is this anything others have found with their C6s?

Thanks,
Doug
akimboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 12, 2006, 8:51 AM   #2

Doug, I haven't seen anything like that with mine. It works flawlessly from standby. Have you tried a different SD card? Each time it comes alive it re-reads the card. Might you have a problem with that?

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2006, 3:00 PM   #3

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the response!

I checked whether it's related to the SD card, and it doesn't seem to be -- I have the same issue when the card is removed.

It looks like it's actually an issue with the camera *entering* standby mode, rather than reviving from it. If I close the screen slowly, and hear the "Standby mode!" phrase, then it wakes up with no problem.

But if I snap the screen closed quickly, it often won't give me the "Standby mode" prompt -- and then it doesn't wake up, usually.

It looks like the trigger for entering standby mode hits just before the screen actually snaps shut -- if it passes through the 'trigger zone' slowly enough, then it enters standby mode fine. But if the screen passes through it too quickly, then there's a problem.

So now I'm wondering if the trigger is just a bit off, or if others find that snapping the screen shut can also cause problems. This isn't a huge problem... I just need to be a little more careful in shutting the screen. But if anyone has feedback, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
Doug
akimboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2006, 4:24 PM   #4

Doug, I haven't experienced this with mine either (edit: voice prompts all on). Iclose it quickly the vast majority of the time, most often with a quick snap pull-down with my thumb (of the hand holding the cam). Perhaps there is a loose connection in yours.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2006, 4:34 PM   #5

Doug,
I have all the voice prompts switched off on my C6. Have you tried switching the voice off and seeing if it fixes your problem? (it's in the Options menu)

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote