Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:24 AM   #11

XactiC6,
I am really appreciative for your posting the MPEG streamclip (incidentally, one posting of the URL is enough)

This program has an "Export as DV" feature which is really brilliant. It provides a much higher quality than the import of MP4 into Sony Vegas has given me, and once I have the MP4 in DV format then it is easy to handle. In particular, the Dynamic Noise Reduction version 2, which is available for VirtualDub, but not for Vegas (Mike Crash's is only v1) allows me to clean up the noisy video, reducing any digital blocking, and have a clean DV stream of my C6 footage, ready for editing.

Absolutely brilliant program! Thank you again... And thanks to the program's author...

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2007, 4:08 PM   #12

Trevmar, and other VirtualDub users,
Please add essential filters to this list that address Xacti video problems for VirtualDub newbies like me. Thanks!

Virtualdub Filters For Xacti
  1. Deshaker[/*]
  2. Dynamic Noise Reduction version 2[/*]
xactic6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2007, 7:17 PM   #13

xactic6 wrote:
Quote:
Please add essential filters to this list that address Xacti video problems for VirtualDub newbies like me. Thanks!
DeLogo filter can be used to repair hot or stuckpixels (for videonot using digital stabilization; i.e.problem pixels don't move around).
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2007, 10:06 PM   #14

just wanna cast a vote for Ulead Video Studio 10 Plus. i'd never edited video in any form whatsoever, but i managed to use the 30-trial free download version to put together a nice short film on dvd (for a wedding party). wortha look. no hitches with mpeg4 (no conversion necessary: just put it together and go)...

just my 2 cents
sing_or_die_1818 is offline   Reply With Quote