Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 21, 2007, 2:34 PM   #11

Does this model overcome the poor flash illumination on the earlier c6 models when taking stills?
GrahamH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2007, 2:56 PM   #12

GrahamH wrote:
Quote:
Does this model overcome the poor flash illumination on the earlier c6 models when taking stills?
I would guess the weak-flash issue present on the vast majority of ultra-compacts hasn't changed. However, it's yet to be determined how much a "75% increase in low-light sensitivity" helps.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2007, 3:00 PM   #13

Thanks. It would be interesting to see Steve's review when he gets hold of this new model.
GrahamH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2007, 7:33 PM   #14

Some info appearing on Sanyo's Japanese site, comparing the HD2's low-light "High Sensitivity" mode comparedto the HD1... but it just looks like a flash photo in night view mode where the HD1's flash didn't fire?The fact that there is a "High Sensitivity" switch must mean there is a down side to using it? We'll see...

EDIT: Hey check out the HD2 advertisement!

Old Mar 15, 2007, 5:40 PM   #15

Interesting! Noted today on Amazon that the pre-order for the H2 places it #114 in camera sales as compared to #28 for pre-order sales for the TX1.
centme37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 9:15 PM   #16

centme37 don't be atroll, grow up.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 9:31 PM   #17

How's that DUDE? I happen to own a C6 and like it alot. I just think the TX1 is going to better than the H2.

I realize not everyone buys their cameras at Amazon but I was somewhat surprised at those numbers.

Decided to go HD since adding an HDTV since I purchased the Sanyo.
centme37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 1:04 AM   #18

I think Sanyo faces stiff competition, sure the TX1 is hobbled with Noise, and an less than professional bit-rate (how many people have said that they would buy an pocket camera like that if it had the same data-rate as DVCPROHD onto an hard drive). If only it had H264 intra, Mpeg2/4 or the better codec from that bunch that did the technology behind OggVorbis (that does the tech for flash.

But at $200 less, tiny cameras and the such, things start to look better to the consumer. Low noise, high latitude, and long record time, and HDMI is what it lacks.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 5:54 PM   #19

I realize it's difficult to judge clips downloaded from the Internet, but the few samples I've seen from the TX1 are dramatically cleaner than my C6. The MPEG4 has too many artifacts swimming about when looking at raw footage on a computer monitor. Of course, I always edit the Sanyo footage and then encode to DVD. After conversion to MPEG2, the Sanyo footage looks better than my old Hi8 or SVHS. For my home movies it's great and the few C6 weaknesses are easy to work around.

But the TX1 intrigues me. It's about the size of a battery on my professional 3 chip camera and maybe takes a picture good enough to be edited in as an occaisional "B" shot. I might consider one (or the model that replaces it) to stuff in the camera case. And I don't consider the MJPEG format Canon uses a big problem because I can actually edit it, unlike the Sony HD formats. Although I do consider having to buy $400 of 8 GB cards in order to record not even an hour of video a concern. :lol:
SPOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2007, 12:06 AM   #20

Available for download from Sanyo Europe: HD2 instruction manual and software manual.