Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 18, 2007, 10:27 AM   #21

Well that is certainly a plus for Sanyo. I keep hoping Canon will do the same but I'm not holding my breath.
centme37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2007, 1:43 PM   #22

Thanks, Caelum,
The HD2 still uses an archaic and clumsy "cable adaptor" to supply power. I am not impressed one iota. My CG6 looks so clumsy on top of the tripod. Whatever were they thinking? The C40 got it right, with an integral power socket. So why do they still try to make it tough for the semi-professional user??

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2007, 3:54 PM   #23

Trevmar wrote:
Quote:
Thanks, Caelum,
The HD2 still uses an archaic and clumsy "cable adaptor" to supply power. I am not impressed one iota. My CG6 looks so clumsy on top of the tripod. Whatever were they thinking? The C40 got it right, with an integral power socket. So why do they still try to make it tough for the semi-professional user??
This is where they incorporate the power supply into the USB connector instead of it being separate as in most mobile phones right?

I agree, it is annoying and they do the same thing on PDA's which aggravates me since sometimes in the evening I may want to use my ipaq to listen to music but keep it plugged in so as to keep it charged and not deplete the battery. You have to plug the power adaptor into a convertor to connect to the USB connector and it doesn't stay in when you are holding the device unlike a regular power connector would.

They had this separate arrangement on the original ipaq but I guess they figured they could save some money this way.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2007, 2:43 AM   #24

No, there is an interface block with a delicate plug which goes into the bottom of the camera, and then the power and USB go into that. The block gets in the way of a tripod, and the delicate connector gives just another thing to fail.

As for charging with USB, I suggest you buy some power adapters which are designed for doing that. They have a USB socket, but without signals, just with power. When you plug your IPOD/etc into them there is no attempt to connect or synchronize software. Here is a link to something like this:
http://www.eforcity.com/dothusbtcad1.html
but there are lots of smaller ones available. I use these for charging my cellphones ,and just about everything else, now.

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2007, 1:43 PM   #25

Trevmar wrote:
Quote:
No, there is an interface block with a delicate plug which goes into the bottom of the camera, and then the power and USB go into that. The block gets in the way of a tripod, and the delicate connector gives just another thing to fail.
Actually that is the same. I know what you are saying, but the device still has no seperate power connector which is what I was getting at. You are correct in that a PDA can often use a USB charging cable but the connector on the pda is still proprietry and until the USB chargers came along I had a separate adaptor for the PSU which in effect served same as the adaptor on the Sanyo. That was the only observation I was making.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2007, 12:46 PM   #26
lpm

The San Francisco Chronicle/CNET had a comparison of hybrids which included the HD2. It was ranked 2nd to the Sony DSC-M2 which is discontinued, isn't it? I think the article was just a rehash of old CNET reviews.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...;type=business
lpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2007, 9:49 PM   #27

Is it ok to buy HD2 which is made in Indonesia? The guy whom I approached for enqiry discouraged me from buying that.
dakeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2007, 12:21 PM   #28

Has anyone edited the resulting MP4 files with prosumer applications such as Premiere Pro, Vegas or Ulead? Tips/Pros/Cons?

Cheers

Ghiblet
ghiblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2007, 5:55 PM   #29

Yes I used to edit the high HD mpeg4 movies from my HD1 in Sony Vegas only (Premiere and others don't accept this container). It's criticaly difficult for your unit processor, because Vegas doesn't use your graphic card to assist him in the decoding operations in contrary to players such Media player classic. So when you're editing, the preview is only possible at approximately 2/3 fps ! (with a Athlon XP64 3000+ or a X2 3800+, it was the same, but with my new alienware i will tell you if it's going better).

So you can see that it's not perfect by now exept if you have an incredible computer. But anyway, the final render still perfect, an incredible quality still if you're very careful with the flow rate (because of the HD resolution).

Et voilĂ* !
Erwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2007, 2:54 PM   #30

Have a look at this thread,
there are many very nice sample movies and still pictures posted from the
HD2:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=91185

The HD2 has a great picture quality, but is it worth
to spend 400 to 500 US$ more than an Aiptek HD ???

Please post your view.
Many thanks.

Regards, Stefan.
admin of www.overunity.com
hartiberlin is offline   Reply With Quote