Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old May 14, 2007, 5:46 AM   #31

Just a quick question by a new comer, are the 7MP stills taken by the HD2 on par with Sanyo's (or any other manufacturer for that matter) standard still cameras? If anyone who own's this camera says so, then it's in the bag for me TY!

More like, are the stills taken comparable to lets say the Panasonic TZ3 or Samsung NV10 (or NV11)?
Acidmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2007, 3:00 PM   #32

Do any users want to comment on the 60 frames per second function I came across on this page?

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2007_...s/hd2_pg2.html

When would you use this function?
xactic6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 4:34 AM   #33

What resolution supports 60fps? Not the full one for sure..
Old May 25, 2007, 2:19 PM   #34

I got my HD2. Page 78 of the manual refers to clips recorded at 60 fps on the hd1-hd1a playing back at only 30 fps when played from the HD2 camera. That in itself doesn't rule out 60 fps recording on the HD2, but it seems possible this review is wrong on this, and instead that this feature is unique to the previous models.
I don't see any 60 fps in the menu screen.

Here is a snip of text from that review at http://www.steves-digicams.com/2007_...s/hd2_pg2.html

Note:
  • Available video recording time is shown when a re-formatted card is inserted. [/*]
  • The maximum sequential shooting time in WEB-SHQ mode is 7 hours. [/*]
  • The actual frame rates for this model are 59.94 fps at 60 fps, 29.97 fps at 30 fps, and 14.985 fps at 15 fps. [/*]

Old May 26, 2007, 1:10 PM   #35

hartiberlin, I'm glad to know of the aiptek HD camera. I still chose the Xacti HD2.
I wanted the 10 power zoom for nature photography, and also bought the telephotoand wide angle adapters. The Aiptek model has a 3 power zoom and no lense adapters or microphone jack that I'm aware of, but I might find it useful for putting in the hands of friends helping to capture events.

In another thread I read the maker of MP4CAM2AVI has forged ahead with support for H.264, calling it a hack since the AVI container doesn't well suport the improved codec. I'm expecting I'll have a smoother workflow experience with the standard MP4 compression of the HD2, since it fits properly into the AVI container format, and requires less CPU power for decoding. A smoother workflow is more important to me than this compression boost.

That Aiptek would be a better companion for my HD2 than my c-6, with its wide-screen format.
Old May 29, 2007, 2:31 AM   #36

Well, one more thing you should take into account is the ability to play your video on standalone DVD-MPEG4 players.

DivX-compatible MPEG-4 ASP AVI files made with MP4Cam2AVI from all Sanyo's except CG65 will play on almost any DVD player (now almost all players support DivX, even the cheap ones).

But not everyplayer will support H.264, I think it will take 2-3 years moreuntil H.264 will be widely supported by standalones.
graywolf2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2007, 5:24 AM   #37

I see now what everyone was saying about the low light condition filming, it is quite bad. Sometimes it switches between low light mode and normal mode a few times in a clip, does anyone know if it's possible to manually adjust this?

What i really love about this is the manual focus and other little nifty features cheaper cameras don't have. Now i know why it costs just a tad bit more

Also, the still's are not perfect i admit that. When it's too bright or too dark especially, but you have to get used to that and shoot accordingly.

Lets hope the HD3 will be even better
Old Jul 20, 2007, 9:21 PM   #38

Hi, I am a new member; I am looking for an affordable portable camera. I have been studying HD2 for a while. Has someone posted a detailed analysis about this camera somewhere in this forum?
Tebay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2007, 2:53 PM   #39

xactic6 wrote:
Quote:
Do any users want to comment on the 60 frames per second function I came across on this page?

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2007_...s/hd2_pg2.html

When would you use this function?
I would use it. Not for normal videos, but I do a lot of things where I need slow motion. This is where I really have to go for an interlaced camera that takes 60 fields per second, because I can use Adobe Premiere to translate that into 60 frames per second, at half resolution. This is very handy for slow-motion shots. For example, when I record martial arts moves, it is handy to be able to slow them down, yet still retain fluid motion.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 3:22 PM   #40

Hello,

I just got the HD2, and so far so good. Except for video editing. I've been using Adobe PremierePro (7.0) andWindows Movie Maker to edit other videos, but neither of these will recognize the HD2's videos.

I tried loading the ULead software that came with the camera, but its only capable of burning video to DVD's, which isn't whatI'm tryingto do.

I'm hoping that someone will tell me that I can download a codec or a patch, or buyan updatethat will make my current software work. If not, what software is recomended?

Thanks.
dp35 is offline   Reply With Quote