Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 23, 2007, 10:58 AM   #1

Hi,

Just wanted to thank you all for wealth of information contained in this section of the forums, it was enough for me to figure out that a Xacti hybrid was what was best suited to my needs and budget after many many hours of researching on the web.

My father picked up the camera for me while he's in Thailand, (Sanyo doesn't sell its cameras here in Australia sadly), it's a Silver VPC-CG6, I should have it on the 1st or 2nd of Feb. The wait is terrible, I'm so excited.

I registered with the forums yesterday and should be involved here in the forums regularly from now on.

Thank you everyone.
Kari.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 24, 2007, 6:39 PM   #2

hi there,

i bought a cg6 from hong kong two weeks ago and could not be happier. Like the convienence of not needing the adaptor thing to attach to the computer nor the need for the set top connection thing to charge the unit or watch on the tv. Just a simple mini usb that I also use for my harmony remote, motorola phone and my palm pilot.

Only wierd thing to note I have found so far is with the ulead software that sanyo provides you with, is that it will not import videos alone, software says something like nothing to import. I need to take a picture, and thenit recognizes that I have pictures and videos to copy to the computer. I wrote Ulead and they have not responded. Just remember to take a photo.

Also, get an extra battery. you will be glad you did, especially since with the cg6 you get included the wall plug in charger wich can keep one charged at all times.the usb connection also charges the battery which is cool.
rward01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 10:03 AM   #3

rward,

Glad you're happy with your cg6, will have mine soon, a spare battery was included in the deal when my father bought it. Apparently the extra battery is non-genuine, so undecided as to wether I'll use it or try order another original Sanyo battery from overseas, also came with a 1gig SD card, I'll probably grab a 4gig SDHC card sometime shortly.

Thank you for the advice on the Ulead software, from what I understand it's buggy in many ways, I'm considerering trying to find a decent alternative.

One question: do you know if a holster case comes with or is available for this model?

I'll post back here, with what I think about the camera, when I get it.

Kari.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 12:02 PM   #4

cherrypie wrote:
Quote:
One question: do you know if a holster case comes with or is available for this model?
No, the Sanyo quick-release "holster" appears to only be availalbe for the HDx models. This soft case comes with the CG6:

[align=center][/align]
You can see what accessories should be included on Sanyo's web site.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2007, 1:04 PM   #5

Yeah, I saw that, was quietly hoping it wasn't to be.. guess I'll be shopping for a suitable camera pouch.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 8:55 PM   #6

Hi there, just back from Singapore and looked at the CG6 - the vendors there were haggling around the $450 mark. What was the Thai price? On the point you riased about Sanyo not selling the cameras in Australia... you can buy the "waterproof" C6 from Target and Camera Action House will sell you a HD1A for $899. I understand also that Sanyo Australia are trying to negotiate a distribution deal with a couple of the big players so once that happens the market will open up and new models will arrive.
e-autosport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2007, 12:42 PM   #7

Price wasn't as good in Thailand, Dad managed to get one place down to equivalent of $560 with a spare battery. 19,900baht seems to be the advertised price for both the CA6 and CG6, which works out at about $710 Aus dollars.

Hadn't noticed the CA6 in Target, the main camera dealers here in Perth don't seem to stock Sanyo cameras at all..
Old Feb 14, 2007, 4:52 PM   #8

Bought a CG6 at TriState Camera. Man on the phone assured me it was a brand new model with US warranty. Love it, but realize I was mislead as it is not available in US. So far, extremely pleased with product, bummed that I was mislead.
sixer12 is offline   Reply With Quote