Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 13, 2007, 7:59 AM   #1

Hi

I have tried a search but not come up with an answer. My daughter's VPC -C6EX will not be recognised by my computer when using the camera dock. I select card reader and it comes up with "connecting card reader" but that is all - computer doesn't recognise the camera as a USB disc - help

HF (in UK)
hummingfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 13, 2007, 9:23 AM   #2

Do you have XP's SP2 installed? Perhaps the connection to the dock or PC isn't complete;does the PC's USB port work with other devices? Have you tried with the dongle (little adapter) instead of using the docking station? It should just work without any additional software.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2007, 10:22 AM   #3

Thanks for replying Caelum. Yes it is XP 2 and I have tried it on both my computers with no luck. The USB ports work fine with other memory sticks. Have now tried it with the little adaptor with the same result - it comes up with the 4 options but when I press "set" it just says "connecting to card reader" and nothing then happens - frustrating.

Any other solutions???

HF
hummingfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2007, 3:41 PM   #4

With the docking station, did you try: connect empty docking station to (running) PCusing USB cable (make sure the cableis fully inserted, one of the first times I tried it wasn't working, turned out I hadn't pushed the cable deep enough into the docking station); make sure C6 is turned off with screen closed; put it on the docking station, then simply press the button on the dockng station.

Perhaps something is defective. Although you should be able to read the SD card using any external card reader, some PCs have them built in, now some printers even have them as well (my HP printer has a built-in card reader, it shows up as a drive on the PC, but I tend to use my PC's built-in card reader).
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote