Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 26, 2007, 9:51 PM   #1

Purchased a Transcend SD 4GB 150x card and the Xacti did not recognize it. Poked around saw the post about the flash upgrade and thought that was the ticket. Downloaded the file put the Xacti in its holder and copied the file over from the C:\Sanyo\DMX-C6&VPC-C6 folder But when I get tot he format screen and push theset button to the left I can not get the update screen.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong or what I need to do to get my Xacti to recognize the 4GB card?

Thanx
1QuickSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2007, 12:00 AM   #2
Administrator

As far as I know there is no such model as the Xacti VPC-C6EX, there is a VPC-C6 and a DMX-C6, the latter is for market areas outside of N America. There are VPC-CA6 and VPC-CG6 models too, the latter is also for sale out of N America. You might be trying to apply the C6 firmware update on a different camera model and it won't work. There are a lot of Xacti models out there with similar names.

You can see a list of them here:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/cameras/sanyo.html
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2007, 6:17 AM   #3

I took the model of the camera itself. The box says VPC-C6 Plugged the Xactil into its base deleted the file and everything on the card (known 1GB that works) uploaded the C6 file but again when I move the set button to the left and hold it I still do not get the update screen. Sigh... Thanx for the reply...
1QuickSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2007, 12:06 PM   #4
Administrator

It isn't easy because of that tiddly little Set button controller. I had to do it like 3 times before I managed to get to the firmware update screen instead of the format screen. You need to carefully press the Set button to the left and hold it there for about 2 secs to get to the firmware screen.

Be sure you copied the firmware.bin file to the root of the SD card or it won't work.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote