Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 16, 2007, 4:30 PM   #1

Hi guys,

I'm new. I just bought the Sanyo HD2 preorder on amazon with the following accessories:

- Tiffen 49mm Circular Polarizer
- Tiffen 49mm UV Protection Filter
- Sanyo VAR-L40U Compact Battery Charger for Sanyo DB-L40AU Lithium-Ion Battery
- Sanyo DB-L40AU Lithium-Ion Battery for HD1, HD1A & HD2 Camcorders
- Sanyo VCP-AL49 49mm Lens Adapter for HD1, HD1A & HD2 Camcorders
- Sanyo VCP-L06WU 0.6x Wide Angle Adapter Lens for VPC-HD1 and HD1A Digital Media Camera
- Sanyo VCP-L14TU 1.4x Telephoto Adapter Lens for the HD1 and HD1A Digital Media Camera
- Sanyo VPC-HCX1 Holster Case for HD1, HD1a and HD2 Camcorders

Just wanted to know if there were any other things I should get. Of note are:

1) I want to buy an 8 GB SDHC card. Any one you guys recommend? Do you know what kind of write speeds are needed for this?

2) From the reviews of the HD1 and HD1a, the flash kinda bums out when you attach the external lens. Is there any kind of external flash I can buy that mounts easily on the HD2 (I am assuming the mount would be the same for the HD1), that's also small and easy to carry considering the small size of the HD2 (and preferably rechargeable)

3) What kind of external mic should I get? There is a plug for an external mic, but I don't know what's good and small out there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

projectcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 16, 2007, 10:48 PM   #2

1) I want to buy an 8 GB SDHC card. Any one you guys recommend? Do you know what kind of write speeds are needed for this?

Any 8GB card should work. Personally, I still recommend 4 fast 2GB cards. The reason that I like the fast cards is that they transfer much faster to the computer and 8GB is a LOT of data.

2) From the reviews of the HD1 and HD1a, the flash kinda bums out when you attach the external lens. Is there any kind of external flash I can buy that mounts easily on the HD2 (I am assuming the mount would be the same for the HD1), that's also small and easy to carry considering the small size of the HD2 (and preferably rechargeable)

There isn't anything. Not many flashes are able to cover a 22mm angle of view except pro flashes so even if it wan't obstructed, it wouldn't cover the very extreme angle of view.

3) What kind of external mic should I get? There is a plug for an external mic, but I don't know what's good and small out there.

Ideally a wireless setup. Otherwise, just use the onboard mic.

Sanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2007, 11:46 AM   #3
bkq

2) This is a quite small external flash you can use with Sanyo Xacti:

8,7*5,8*4,3cm
bkq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2007, 8:03 PM   #4

The Sony HVL-FSL1B is a tiny slave flash, about two inches across, that works well with the HD1, so presumably with the HD2. I believe Canon makes one too, for use with Power Shot cameras. I use the camera in one hand and the flash held high in the other.

An external mike is very useful in quiet surroundings because the autofocus makes some noise (on the HD1, let's hope not on the HD2) and for interviews. Or, you can turn the autofocus off.
psphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2007, 2:35 PM   #5

Thanks for the tips guys. I don't think the Ricoh would be good for me as it looks kinda bulky. How good is the Sony one? I'll have to check up on that model. Do you happen to have the model numbers for the canon ones as well? Also, I find it hard to find a model for an external mic. Can someone point me in the right direction here? Thanks again!
projectcafe is offline   Reply With Quote