Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old May 24, 2007, 11:36 AM   #11

It is great you come to our little corner of the world Graywolf, and thank you for your excellent software!
blindsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 6:11 AM   #12

New MP4Cam2AVI is available at this temporary link:

http://mp4cam2avi.narod.ru/MP4Cam2AVI_v2.70.zip

It is on testing, so I didn't upload it to sourceforge yet. But you can download and try it, I added H.264 support and tested it with Sanyo CG65 and Casio EX-V7 clips.

You need the latest FFDShow to watch H.264 video in AVI container. I tried to play target AVI's with windows media player and opened them in VirtualDub,it was OK.

But remember that H.264 in avi is a hack and don't delete the source clips, it's easy to convert from mp4\mov to avi, but not so easy vice-versa.
graywolf2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2007, 2:32 PM   #13

graywolf2004 wrote:
Quote:
New MP4Cam2AVI is available[...]
Wow graywolf2004, it works, nice! Using your latest version I triedtransferring the contents of a CG65AVC+AAC MP4file toan AVIfile without any conversion and it plays back in all the software I tried, including Windows Media Player. Even Windows Movie Maker was able towork withthe file (it was strangely upside down in the clip preview, but fine in the movie timeline and, most importantly,it works). I have the latest"ffdshow tryouts" codecs installed. I will make sure to keep my original MP4s,and will personally mostly work with those anyhow.

Like you said, I think this might be the solution for all those using video editing apps that don't yet support MP4. They could also use MP4Cam2AVI's ability to convert the audio to PCM to ensure full proper audio sync. when editing in those apps. Good stuff.

Thanks very much, that's great work!
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2007, 7:31 AM   #14

New version of MP4Cam2AVI (2.71) is available at sourceforge:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mp4cam2avi/
Old Jun 7, 2007, 7:34 AM   #15

New version of MP4Cam2AVI (2.71) is available at sourceforge:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mp4cam2avi/
Old Jun 11, 2007, 4:15 PM   #16

Thank you graywolf, your Mp4cam2avi give me the great time for my C6 and Toshiba Divx compatible DVD player by burning the avi files to DVD-R directly.
I like to know the new version of Mp4cam2avi makes the same for CG65 and Divx compatible DVD player or not? or someone already tried that then give use some verdicts.:?

Thanks.
stansd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2007, 4:31 AM   #17

No, sorry AVI files made from CG65 won't be DivX compatible, cause they will contain H.264 video. Use MP4Cam2AVIfor CG65 if you want to edit or play them on PC, but not for archiving.

And keep your original mp4's for better times . I think it's theoretically possible to make HD DVD's from these files without recompression, but HD DVDhardwareis quite expensive yet, and there is no such soft at this time (I think it will appear soon, and, probably, with my participation ).
Old Jun 13, 2007, 11:33 AM   #18

graywolf2004 wrote:
Quote:
[...]I think it's theoretically possible to make HD DVD's from these files without recompression[...]
That's an interesting concept, I never thought of this. Unlike a DVD thatrequiresvideoto be converted to MPEG-2, HD-DVD and Blu-raydirectly support AVC+AAC. But I wonder if there are resolution limitations in the HD DVD or Blu-Ray specifications, will they support 4:3 640x480 playback? Will be interesting and we might soon see, especially given the rate of price drops for HD-DVDplayers and new HD-DVD re-writable drives.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2007, 4:06 AM   #19

I think they will support SD resolutions, at least standard ones like 640x480.

So it's seems possible to make HD DVD's withiut video recompression (maybe just audio recompression for some files). For HD files, it will be more critical, cause re-coding will be much slower even on fast PCs.

I'm currently working on the shareware [Camera clips -> DVD] converting app, but we are considering HD DVD supportfor the further development. The licencesseem to bequite expensive, but I hope we will make it anyway.

For myself, if I'll swap my old good Xacti C1 camera for something else - it definitely will be h264 camera, SD or HD. Aiptek GO-HD looks good for it's price, but it didn't come to Russia yet. But, on the other side,playback of Aiptek clips on my Centrino 1.7Ghz notebook loads CPU up to 80%.

Old Jun 14, 2007, 9:14 AM   #20

MPEG Streamclip does a better job in my opinion. I had trouble with clips converted using Mp4cam2avi when imported into various editors but the Streamclips conversions worked fine.
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote