Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 20, 2007, 12:53 PM   #1

SANYO Fisher Company (US sales) today announced that it will begin selling the CG6 Blue version at Walmart stores nationwide. The actual store price is likely to be $299.99 (Actual selling price determined by the reseller and subject to change). The CG6 BL is shipping this week to Walmart and will be available in store very soon.

The CG65 was also announced today in the US and will be available in April.

http://www.sanyodigital.com

http://www.steves-digicams.com/pr/sa...7_cg65_pr.html

http://www.steves-digicams.com/pr/sa...07_cg6_pr.html

Sanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 21, 2007, 9:34 PM   #2

Grumble, grumble, grumble. My C6 is 6 months old and there's already so many replacements. :? At least the C6 remains the smallest of the bunch. So it looks like I'll need to put the C6 in my shirt pocket and pick up a HD2 for the coat pocket :G
SPOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2007, 10:31 PM   #3

If anyone actually sees one of these in a Walmart store, could they report here? I'd like to look at this camera, but I don't get into Walmart very often.
brachiopod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2007, 11:47 PM   #4

SPOFF wrote:
Quote:
...it looks like I'll need to put the C6 in my shirt pocket and pick up a HD2 for the coat pocket :G
That's what I like to hear!
Old Mar 22, 2007, 3:53 PM   #5

Sanyo,

Doe's the CG65 have a 10X Optical zoom? In one place on the web site it says so and in another place it says 5X.

For those of us that don't care about HD, this looks like a wonderful hybrid camera. My only question, which I hope Steve will answer, is how usable is the LCD screen in bright sunlight. My little C5 screen is pretty good but my Canon A710 2.5" screen is totally worthless outside. Fortunately, it has an optical viewfinder.

If this little beauty has 10X optical zoom, put me down for one for sure!
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2007, 4:49 PM   #6

Setter Dog wrote:
Quote:
Sanyo,

Doe's the CG65 have a 10X Optical zoom? In one place on the web site it says so and in another place it says 5X.

For those of us that don't care about HD, this looks like a wonderful hybrid camera. My only question, which I hope Steve will answer, is how usable is the LCD screen in bright sunlight. My little C5 screen is pretty good but my Canon A710 2.5" screen is totally worthless outside. Fortunately, it has an optical viewfinder.

If this little beauty has 10X optical zoom, put me down for one for sure!
Sorry, that was a mistake. It is 5x. Somebody picked up on that earlier. It is being fixed.

Having the 285 degree rotation is quite key to using any LCD outside and the CG65 benefits from that providing for what should be equal or better than your C5 (possibly better due to the larger size vs C5).
Old Mar 22, 2007, 5:31 PM   #7

Sanyo,

Thanks for the clafication on zoom in the new cg65. That was not a deal breaker for me. And thanks for the info about the screen. I'm really anxious to see a review on this camera. I think you have a winner here.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 2:36 PM   #8

I don't suppose that anyone has seen a CG6 in a Walmart yet?
brachiopod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2007, 5:00 AM   #9

They have been shipped to the distribution centers. Probably by the end of next week they should be available in the majority of the stores.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 11:19 AM   #10

Sanyo,

Which retailers will handle the CG65? When?

I've been trying to learn the difference between the CG6 and CG65. Other than the different video formats, giving the CG65 a 25% advantage in file size, is there any other difference? Is the video quality better?

I realize Sanyo may not want to comment on the advantages of one over the other but maybe an early user or Steve can make some comparisons.

At this point, I'm going for the CG65 as soon as I read a review or two. It looks like a really great little hybrid.