Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Sep 24, 2007, 4:32 AM   #141

Sashasmommy wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone have a good recommendation on where to buy the CG65? Amazon is out of stock and all their sellers have re-stocking fees. Adorama and B&H only give you 7 days for returns. I'm worried about this lens flare thing, so I want to be able to try it out and send it back if it's not acceptable.

Thanks!

I don't know any low priced dealers with a free return policy.

I'm putting some sample clips together for everyone to see with the CG65 and none have any lens flair, but all the clips were taken outside on sunny days with no clouds. In overcast skies the flair is a real problem if you can't keep the sky out of your shots or stay at 3X zoom or more.

In bright light many cameras may look as good as or better than the Sanyo. I had a Casio P505 that was really cool but it has no image stabilization and no LCD gain so I could not see the LCD in bright light but the CG65 still did better in low light.

The real bright spot for the CG65 in indoors in normal lighting.(Parties and Kids) With the ISO at 200 you can get some vary nice looking video when most all the single CCD camcorders look like poop.

You could always make a lens hood for overcast days.

This is a small clip on a sunny day with clouds but the sun is behind me still. The clouds cause no lens flair. If it was later in the day it would have.

http://www.jarods.com/sanyo/feild.MP4

ArizonaVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2007, 10:58 PM   #142

Great video... thanks...

Sashasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 11:09 AM   #143

Caelum and others, All the original download links of the clips are down.

I want to view and check an unaltered WEB-SHQ file from CG65. I want to test whether it will progressively play in the new Adobe Flash Player 9.0.115.0.

Can anyone please provide me an url of WEB-SHQ video clip uploaded directly from the camera without any change? Thanks so much in advance and for this thread.
goody11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 5:52 AM   #144

Hello ;-)

I have the waterproof CA65 who has the same engine than CG65

I have made a special CA65 page, also with ORIGINAL TV-SHQ MP4 files
-->
http://www.anjoyplanet.com/video/SANYO_XACTI_CA65.html

The ORIGINAL SHQ FILES in MP4 are indicated by this image :

The download of these SHQ files are possible directly here :
1) --> http://blip.tv/file/get/Anjoyplanet-...FOURMIS562.MP4
2) --> http://blip.tv/file/get/Anjoyplanet-...ORIGINE957.MP4

MORE on this url
(look in the tiltle "Source MP4")
3) --> http://anjoyplanet.blip.tv/?sort=dat...s=posts;page=2

Welcome :bye:

anjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 10:19 AM   #145

Sashasmommy wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone have a good recommendation on where to buy the CG65? Amazon is out of stock and all their sellers have re-stocking fees. Adorama and B&H only give you 7 days for returns. I'm worried about this lens flare thing, so I want to be able to try it out and send it back if it's not acceptable.

Thanks!

They all flare, get over it. If you care that much about flaring, I wouldn't buy any of these models, lol! If you're that concerned about quality, and I'm saying this to anyone reading this thread, you seriously ought to consider a real camcorder. That said, I wouldn't trade my Xactis for nothing (although I do own an HV20 too, heh).
Taynt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 3:51 PM   #146

goody11 wrote:
Quote:
Caelum and others, All the original download links of the clips are down.[...]
The free file hosting sites expired my samples. I'll see if I can re-upload them in the near future when I have moretime.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 10:26 AM   #147

Thanks for your advice to "get over it". I personally don't see anything wrong with wanting to try something out and be able to take it back if it's not acceptable to me.

Taynt3d wrote:
Quote:

They all flare, get over it. If you care that much about flaring, I wouldn't buy any of these models, lol! If you're that concerned about quality, and I'm saying this to anyone reading this thread, you seriously ought to consider a real camcorder. That said, I wouldn't trade my Xactis for nothing (although I do own an HV20 too, heh).
Sashasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2007, 2:23 AM   #148

Please tell me if I can pause while recording a video and then start recording again and it will continue recording in the same mp4 file. Or does it make a new mp4 file every time we pause and restart the recording? Thanks in advance.
goody11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2007, 4:20 AM   #149

After reading here and amazon I just bout a CG65 to replace an aging sony dv camcorder. The only problem is I bought it from plemix.com (would not recommend) and any video I take as this floating yellow pixel just off the corner (but it only shows up in videos, not in still shots). It seems like something is wrong with the sensor, but I don't know much about these things, and just thought I would check here to see if there was any fix for this. Great reviews, samples, etc here though, provided lots of help, and I can't wait to play with a properly working CG 65,
key24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2007, 6:56 PM   #150

Taynt3D makes a good point about quality and minor problems such as flaring. I would add zoom noise, low light problems and several other things to the not perfect list.

On the other hand, like Taynt3D, I have several other quality camcorders that I will probably never use again. They used to come out at Christmas and on my annual trips to Yellowstone Park. They weren't that big a problem in those environments but still not as handy as having an Xacti in my pocket when I wanted to do video. I've also noticed at Christmas and other events that when the big camcorder comes out, people notice it and act differently. The little Xactis are less intimidating.

I just bought an HD 700 and like it already, if only for the fact that it has a slider for zoom instead of the CG 65 rocker arm. The HD 700, I'm fairly certain, is not as good at HD as the 1000 model but it still passes the pocket test. Having just purchased my HD TV, I figured I owed myself a Sanyo HD.

Other than size, a huge advantage to the Xactis is the SD card file clip system. It's nice to be able to shorten a clip, eliminate a clip and join clips.

I guess I understand that Sanyo has to hype the areas that Americans are interested in, HD, Megapixels, IS, etc., and they certainly can't mention the shortcomings of their units, but many real users love these units for size and convenience and are willing to overlook small problems.
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote