Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Apr 25, 2007, 10:31 AM   #31

Thanks for your answer! I will order one or two spare battery later!

As for the HDD, I found after many searches, that the future TVIX 4100 will be able to stream H264 directly, even HD H264 for future HD Camcorder encoding MP4/H.264, that's great!

More info here :

http://www.tvix.co.kr/Eng/products/productCompare.aspx
vl4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2007, 2:48 PM   #32

Caelum:

I am considering buying the CG-65 as well, and have enjoyed looking at your clips and reviews. My question is, how do the clips look when viewed on a typical televison, say a 32" non-HD TV? Would the quality still be ok?
bltkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2007, 4:52 PM   #33

hi bltkmt, on aregular TV it looks as good asstandardTV possiblycan. If you are using the CG65 TV-out, then thequalityis really only limited by the technical limitations ofcomposite NTSC. It also has a "smooth playback"feature (see Sanyo's CG65 "movies" page) specifically for standard TVs, where itwillconvert the 30p fps (frames) video intonative 60ifps (fields) NTSC during playback. Note thatit onlyoutputs composite(yellow plug), it does notoutput s-video. You can always burn it onto a DVD to take advantage of a component-in higher resolution TV, or use an HTPC for direct playback.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2007, 11:21 PM   #34

Caelum, Thanks very much for the detailed reviews. I tried ordering a CG-65 from Amazon, but they won't ship to Canada. Where did you obtain your unit?
Bob NG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2007, 9:14 AM   #35

Hi Bob NG, mine is an import model. I had purchased my C6 from Dell.ca when it was on sale over a year ago. TodayDell.ca carry most of the Sanyo models including the HD2, so perhaps they will carry the CG65 soon, I don't know. You might want to query Sanyo.ca for a Canadian retailler.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2007, 1:58 PM   #36

Thanks for the heads up re Dell.ca I see the HD2 is there now, I'll keep my eyes open for the CG-65
Old May 1, 2007, 4:54 PM   #37

I just ordered mine from Amazon...should have it tomorrow in time for my son's band concert. Are there any quick and dirty settings tips to share? Especially for indoor shooting?
bltkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2007, 5:18 PM   #38

Hey Bob

I notice warehouse123 DOT com is now selling the CG65 (with a bonus 2 GB card) at US$339, pretty much the same as their initial price for the CG6. I know from a friend that they ship to Canada. You must realize this is a Hongkong company and therefore grey market and no North Am warranty. This is where I bought my CG6 (now banging my head for not waiting for the CG65!), and I had no trouble with the transaction and delivery of the item (the credit card authorization is kinda slow - like three working days - I think because they use a middle man company (sort of like Paypal in eBay) to clear the CC payment. But once they emailed me that the item was sent, I got it in two days). I have no ties with this company and I am not a shill, I am just telling you my personal experience. If you cannot wait for the Canada debut this may be the way to go. If you wait a little longer, warehouse123's price may drop a little more (this was what I did with the CG6).

I haven't seen the CG65 on B&H (yet). I know they do ship to Canada.
blindsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2007, 5:46 PM   #39

Thanks Blindsight...I'll check out warehouse123. By the way, I'm not familiar with B&H...who are they?
Old May 1, 2007, 6:18 PM   #40

Looks like the price warehouse123 is charging went down over the past couple of days. I ordered a green cg65 from them on Friday. I received it at my home in California on Monday. I paid $349, but as you say, they threw in a free 2GB SD card (a Toshiba card). They also had a promotion on DB-L20 compatible batteries: buy 2 and get 1 free. Since they were only, I think, $12.95 each, I ordered two. But I actually received four (two free ones). They also threw in some other free stuff, a mini tripod, a USB SD card reader, a screen protector for the CG65, a free case.

On the whole, I was very pleased with my experience. I wasn't aware that my CG65 would have no warranty here in North America. I hope that doesn't become an issue.

thczv
thczv is offline   Reply With Quote