Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Apr 9, 2007, 5:42 PM   #1

I've had this problem since I first purchased my C6, and I'm wondering if it is indeed a product defect or if perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

Every once in while, when I turn on the camera in record mode, I will see in the lower left hand corner of the screen a number (usually 3.5, sometimes 4.7 or 5.6) and below it a fraction (either 1/30 or 1/60). There is also either a small box in the center of the screen, or four brackets towards the edge of the screen.

When this happens, I cannot take movies, zoom, or access the menu. I can still take still photos though. Also, if I switch to review mode, that works fine. Usually I just turn off the camera and turn it back on and it works, but it's now been like this for the last day.

Any thoughts or advice much appreciated.
adamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 9, 2007, 6:41 PM   #2

Sounds like your photo (stills) button is permanently semi-pressed (pressed half-way). Could it be stuck? The number sounds like the F-stop, which should only appear on a half-press of the stills button. The small box could be the spot light-measuring setting, or the focus point, which is normally appears as box brackets during a half-press of the stills button.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2007, 11:57 PM   #3

Thank you Caelum, your explanation makes a lot of sense. The button isn't physically stuck, but it seems like the camera thinks it is. Unfortunately I suppose that means I'll have to get it repaired.
adamx is offline   Reply With Quote