Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Apr 12, 2007, 2:57 AM   #1

Hi, just bought my CG65 yesterday here in Taiwan. It has the zoom motor noise and autofocus noise...a bit dissapointed actually...

and Sanyo added this in Pg 46 of their manual rather than fixing the problem... the shop i bought from will not let me return it.....

==========================================

CAUTION:

During video clip playback, the sound of motor is audible...

- During recording, the sound of the optical zoom movement or autofocus movements was recorded. This is not a malfunction.

============================================
tyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 12, 2007, 8:18 AM   #2

I agreeyou still hear theauto focus motor, but I find the zoommotor barely audible. Iguess these cameras are so small, everything is so close together, there isno distance/buffer between the microphone and the optical lens mechanisms. That's one thing the HD family has, external mic input, but really, what non-prois going to carry around an external mic with their pocket cam? Is the noise on your camerasimilarto the samples I uploaded (in my review)? You can always lock the auto-focus (shortcuts)once your subject is in focus. I just re-listened to some of the indoor footage I took over Easter weekend, and just everyone talkingis sufficient to drown out the camera noise.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:11 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply...

I tried using AF-Lock and the noise go away. Agree that most ambient noise will cover this little pesky noise....but i still love this little gadget...i amstill amazed by this litte thing and I have a long list of camera and video cams -

Sharp VHS- seldom use due to size, dust collector/ JVC MiniDV- small but heavy, dust collector II/Canon D60 (with L lenses), IXY100, IXUS 700/Hasselblad Xpan2

I expect this will be my camera of choice when I travel....I think the battery life is not that great...but chargeable my USB....which is a plus...

BTW, your files could not be downloaded anymore.
tyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 11:04 AM   #4

I'm amazed that this little camera can encode video in AVC/H.264 so well, something a powerful PC cannot even do so easily, heckjust playback is a challenge formany PCs. That new "Pure Force Engine III" LSI must be one powerful video processor.

Yeah,for continous video recording the battery will only last forabout an hour. I picked up a few spare batteries for my C6, so I'm using those with the CG65 now. It's easy to carry around a bunch of thosetiny batteries.

I just tried downloadingtwo of the samples I had uploaded, andthey worked for me. Which one(s) didn't work? You need to wait for the countdown, then once the download is available, you can right-click, save the .MP4 file. Perhaps the free hosting site was temporarily down.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 6:36 PM   #5

HOW DO I GET TO YOUR (CAELUM )HOME PAGE? rawtech1
rawtech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2007, 11:32 PM   #6

rawtech1 wrote:
Quote:
HOW DO I GET TO YOUR (CAELUM )HOME PAGE? rawtech1
?? I don't have a home page, I'm just a user like you here. If you are asking aboutmy CG65 samples, you can find them in my CG65 mini-review thread. (<-click)