Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Apr 23, 2007, 2:44 PM   #1

Hi,

I think I probably miss some setups somewhere but don't know where. I would appreciate it if some one can tell me.

When taking still pictures, I can see the date information shown on pictures on the LCD of C6. However, after downloading pictures from C6 to my PC, I don't see the date on pictures any more. What could I miss?

Thanks,

Lee

lxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 23, 2007, 4:35 PM   #2

The software on your PCshould show the date and time found in the photo's EXIF header.See this post from the previous page... or better yet search Steve's Forums... here is a well explained one.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2007, 4:49 PM   #3

Thanks so much for the information. It makes sense now.

Regards,

Lee
lxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2007, 5:48 PM   #4

With digital photography there is no need for date printing as it is contained in the EXIF header as Caelum said. This also has the advantage that photos are not spoiled by the addition of a physical date on the actual image.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2007, 12:15 PM   #5

If you do need a date on a print I think most printers can be set to put it on. At least my Epson picturemate can, It might be important 100 years from now.
redrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2007, 12:21 PM   #6

redrac wrote:
Quote:
If you do need a date on a print I think most printers can be set to put it on. At least my Epson picturemate can, It might be important 100 years from now.
That's probably a much more sensible idea than actually incorporating the date onto the actual image like the old Analog Cameras did. For instance, if ever you want to print out the image to place in a frame on the wall, then you would be stuck with an ugly date in one corner. Of course with a digital image you could conceivably remove it in photoshop but it would be a hack as you can't replace the underlying pixels once they have been removed!

From your statement of "It might be important 100 years from now" I would think that for historical purposes it would be better to print on the back of the photo. I remember some photofinishers used to do that, maybe they still do. That way you get a date and time without actually ruining the photo.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2007, 3:37 PM   #7

Actually all of my prints have no dates, but there are times when they are necessary "legally"we just had one happen recently and there are some that are only 8 years old that I may reprint with the date, if I can still "find" the file. My printer prints the date in the same background color and the date is hard to see unless you know what to look for. My mother had some old photos from a long time ago that had the ugly date on themand it saved asking how long ago this was taken. Most of the old pictures I have have no info as to who where or when. I was going to write it on the back, but now I know who it is and where it was but not when, the timeline gets blurred. I have pictures of my great grandfather and his family and would love to have a date but no one wrote it onthe back, it must be genetic. Now with digital I take more shots in a month or 2 than all of my ancestors combined. To each his own.
redrac is offline   Reply With Quote