Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old May 14, 2007, 8:56 PM   #11

welcome to Singapore!

I'm not sure of how much exactly HD2 cost but as others posted, I'destimate S$1k or less, depending on where you get from. Sim Lim Square (SLS for short) is best place to bargain and even thrown in freebies. High-ended shopping malls with specialized centres like Best, Harvey Norman, etc.... have fixed prices for each separate product. The RSP for HD2 (with 1gd card)is quite exp at S$1.3k.

Shop owners at SLS are suckers for foreigners. They flock to them and show off these like gold... :lol:There was a tall handsome looking guy who was 'harassed' by shop owner where I tested cg65 last time.

Back to HD2, I guess the best price is only slightly less than S$1k at SLS (worth it if you can get 4gb card FREE). Try to bargain if you can! If possible, check if HD2 is made in Japan or Indonesia. Heard that Japan-made are superior than Indonesia-made. Hope to hear your lil' review when you have your hands on your sexy cg65 in July!

You can ask those who own cg65 here
dakeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2007, 5:39 AM   #12

Thanks for the reply! Perhaps i'll train my Singlish and then they'll see me as a local :lol: S$1K is not too bad! Im still not sure if the HD2 is worth it though, the quality of the still's is what concerns me and from what i've seen on Steve's sample pictures it's definately not as crisp as other 7mp cameras. How is your CG65 in terms of still image quality?

It's either this or the Fujifilm F31FD for me (which is half the price!)
Acidmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2007, 11:25 AM   #13

Broadway photo has cg6 for 289.00US$ HD2 is 449.00 US$ I bought 2 c6's from themin7/06, they will try to sell you a case and other stuff that already comes with the camera but I didn't go for the extras. SD cards are pretty cheap if you look around. I have a 2 gig card in my c6 and the sd card is full at around 80 minutes which is the same time the battery is gone. That is using the highest video setting. The hd2 has a different battery and may last longer. Also the cg65 is $270.00
redrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2007, 4:30 AM   #14

Bit the bullet and got the HD2, it not baaaaaaaaaad, loving it at the moment Good luck with yours guys!
Old May 23, 2007, 2:42 AM   #15

Acidmax wrote:
Quote:
Bit the bullet and got the HD2, it not baaaaaaaaaad, loving it at the moment Good luck with yours guys!
How much you bought it bro? And where?

If I want to upgrade from my CG6, I may geta HD2.

ddeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2007, 5:09 AM   #16

Hey mate, i got mine off eBay from an HK store for £310 with extra battery, mini tripod and 4GB memory card. Good deal! Im sure you can find it cheaper too without any extras. Some 4GB cards go for about £21 also from HK so might be looking into getting some of those too. Enjoy searching!