Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old May 4, 2007, 9:31 PM   #1

:?Hi I'm new here. I'm kinda confused by these 3 types as stated in topic.

I went to Sim Lim Square (Singapore) and inquired about CG65 as I liked its design and functions. However he told me it's not good compared with Canon Tx1(?). he showed me the comparison based on TV output.

I was very surprised when I see CG65's TV output. It's VERY dark and has double effects (like seeing 2 things when drunk). Tx1 is much crisp and bright. Is he trying tp trick me into buying Tx1??

He then moved on to HD1a and claimed it's damn better than HD2 cos of productions made. He recommended these made in Japan(HD1a) than Indonesia (HD2). Even my friend seem to agree....!

I cannot decide beacuse of various functions I need. I like CG65 cos of its LCD size and design. HD1a is gd for video butis onl 5.1Munlike HD2.

Does 5.1M and 7.1M matter? Are these similar to naked eye? I need slightly gd stills and videos....

Thanks for your help!
dakeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 6, 2007, 10:37 PM   #2

I bought the CG6 months ago from SLS and it was excellent for me. I don't see any problem with the video like 'double effects', so the salesman may be pulling a fast one on you (SLS, what do u expect?). Though the new CG65 uses a 'better'(?) format, I would recommend that you stick to CG6 because it is at least S$100 cheaper and seriously, it isn't much of a difference when compared to CG65 except the smaller file size. If you are thinking of getting a better video and have more dough, the HD1A is not bad. Just recommended my friends to buy one.
ddeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2007, 3:45 AM   #3

Oh thanks! Oh ya, I just realized the design I liked for CG65 is same as CG6!

That makes things easier for me. I'd like to know which shop you bought it from, if memory serves u well after months ago. How much it cost was then and now?

I heard from that shop owner it retails for S$450 for CG65! I expect the price will be much lower for CG6

However, I'm wondering what purpose H264 does to Xacti.Is it for like Youtube? I only want nice simple video editing and able to post these to my friends via email or their blogs if they allow me to.

Does CG6 have these capabilites?
Old May 8, 2007, 10:58 AM   #4

I bought at S$600+ then, with 4GB card, extra 3rd party battery and a Xacti hard case. Bought mine at Edison I think, the ground floor shop opp the lift.

You said someone quote you S$450? I supposed it's just the basic set without anything. I asked around and it was about S$600 avg.

Abt the videos, you can select the size to 'film'. They have a 320x240 for web based or 176x144 if you want smaller size. And it does come with nice software like theulead dvd movie factory and some photo editing explorer. Overall it is a very pocketable and handy video camera to have around. Video quality is not too bad I should say for this small video camera, unless you are damn picky. But hey, for the affordable price you should not be. The main thing that attacts me is still the small size. No regrets buying it.

ddeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2007, 8:46 PM   #5

Oh! I didn't realized I needed to have cards and batteries :shock:

Yes, like what you said, I'm indeed attracted to its small sized camcorder. I tried holding CG65 and I instantly loved its grip! Much easier to carry around.

Anyway I dun mind the small trade-offs for such wonderful small cute tiny camcorder! I gonna buyit!!!!
Old May 10, 2007, 11:40 PM   #6

Well I just joint in, and I from Singapore as well... I just order my CG65 from warehouse123... and if i know local sell ard $600 i would get it here. Cos I have chk with at SLS Sxxx Brother they give me $699 + one 4g sd free... kind of expensive . Nice to meet friend (Singapore) and i found alot of useful info here. Btw if this is some topic in Chinese as well enjoy. http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail....4&t=314359&p=1
x9745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2007, 4:58 AM   #7

Nice to know there'sfewsingaporeans here interested in cg65. I watched some videos made by cg65 and these seemed kinda bad. But what the heck cos I liked the design :-)

I hope we can meet up and exhange pointers???? ha ha:blah:

I cannot read chinese. Generally, does the review over there made good commnets on it?

Old May 14, 2007, 3:03 AM   #8

Hi dakeer, the Chinese (Taiwan) side says is one of the best sd digital camera. If u want exchange info , can why not.. Btw i just got me CG65 (green) 1.00 pm Singapore time a bit regret on the colour... still like the silver... Ha ha.. but just tested better than my very old Sony dv (5 years).
x9745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2007, 5:06 AM   #9

You guys convinced me to buy cg65... I read the micro site from akibahara news about cg65. it gripes about resolution only, that's all.

I'd like your reviews on ur cg65, esp onthe conversion type recommended. That'd make things easier for future cg65 owners in Singapore.

X9745, would you like to share with us your tests by cg65? That way, we'll be able to know if we can buy or not. ha ha!
Old May 14, 2007, 5:48 AM   #10

Hey guys, how much did that cost in Singapore? Im flying over in July and wondering if it's worth buying the HD2 from there..

Enjoy your new purchase btw!
Acidmax is offline   Reply With Quote