Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old May 21, 2007, 7:01 PM   #1

Hello folks,...I'm hoping somebody can help me out.

My CG65 arrived today and exceeds my expectations for video quality, ease of use, screen brightness and other things I've noticed so far. The video is noticeably better than my C5.

The in camera editing, at least for me, is amazing. You can join several clips in a very short time. That's important to me.

My problem is that I cannot get the CG65 to play on my TV or my DVD writer with the dedicated A/V cable. I've read everything in the manual and followed it to the letter. One thing that is curious though,...it says when the A/V cable is hooked up, the camera screen is blank. When I hook up, my camera screen is still active and the only thing getting through to the TV is some bad static and audio.

The obvious problem would seem to be a bad connector cable or a bad receptacle in the camera for the output plug. To make sure I wasn't going crazy, I checked my C5 and it still plays fine so I know the TV and DVD recorder are okay.

Any thoughts?
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 21, 2007, 7:10 PM   #2

I've got your fix. The same thing happened to me on Sunday with my new CG65. Make sure the cable is fully, and I mean fully seated into the camera. It took me several tries to get it in properly. I thought I was applying way too much pressure, but it has to be all the way in.
oxboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2007, 7:22 PM   #3

Oxboxx,

My friend, you have saved the day! Sure glad you saw my post when you did. It works fine now. Once I got it going, I recorded a few clips to the DVD writer. Next step is to see if it will make DVDs using my mix of inputs. I'm sure it will.

I am really impressed with the improved video on this little camera and the in camera editing is so much better than I'd even hoped for.

Color me a happy camper!

Thanks, Oxboxx!
Old May 21, 2007, 7:28 PM   #4

No problemo. Glad I could help. It's a great little camera.
oxboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2007, 8:54 PM   #5

Nice to hear you guys are pleased with it as well. I haven't used the in-camera editing much but I was also very impressed with the little I did. Scanning through the videos at different speeds using the joystick works quite wellfor cutting, it's almost as fast as doing it in a video editor on the PC.And joining is faster than doing it on a PC.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2007, 9:22 PM   #6

I'm not much for experiments but I was aware that the joining process was much quicker than on the C5 so I did a test. I did 3 one minute videos and joined them. It only took 30 seconds. The big improvement, of course, is that you don't have to join one clip at time ( in real time ), then add another clip etc.

I'm not totally up to speed yet on the cut function but I guess I'll eventully get it. I am very surprised and pleased that the video is noticeably better than my C5,......nice!