Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jul 27, 2007, 7:49 PM   #31

EWONGCA wrote:
Quote:
Does the DL40 battery work with the VPC-E1, cause it can last longer ?
No, it's not physically the same size.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2007, 9:50 PM   #32

Hello, I've been researching the Xacti E1 for several days now, and am just about completely sold on it.

However, there's one important feature that I'm still trying to figure out, which is whether or not this camera possesses the ability to record at 60 frames per second.

I've checked on numerous sites, including the one linked below, who all claim that the camera can have "Smooth playback on television with 60 frames per second":

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/watercam/sanyo-xacti-e1-worlds-first-waterproof-camcorder-262461.php

Does this mean that the camera can record at 60fps, or am I terribly mistaken? And if it can't record at 60 fps, is there a similar Xacti digital camcorder that can? Thanks for the help, I appreciate it =)

Edit: Also, does anyone know if a remote control comes with/is available for this camera? thanks
hisownshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 10:10 AM   #33

hi hisownshadow, the E1 records at 30 progressive frames per second (30p), however it has the capability tosmoothly playback this video at 60 interlaced fields per second (60i) when in TV Out mode to match theNTSC TVstandard. Fields are interlaced half framescontaining theodd and even lines of a complete frame. I'm not aware of any consumer camera on the market that records 60 progressive frames per second."60 frames per second" has become a marketing term for consumer camcorders because it sounds good, when in actual fact it's undoubtedly 60 interlaced fields per second. Only some Pro HD cameras can do true 60p.

I'm pretty sure there is no remote control for the E1.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 12:24 PM   #34

ahh I understand, thanks for the feedback

That's a shame to hear about the framerate...I'm in the process of hunting down a good camera for approx. ~$500 that will do well with fast motion video (so I can have smooth slow-mo later on), but like you said, there doesn't seem to be a lot of camcorders out there with those capabilities.

You were right about the remote...I researched some online and checked all of the included accessories, and there was no mention of a remote control anywhere :/ I guess they didn't expect people to need a remote when the camera has every other capability in the world installed on it =P hahaha

Anyway, thanks for your time, I appreciate it
hisownshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2007, 7:07 PM   #35

The only models that they make the remote controls for are the models that include a base station. The base station is typically where they are now including the iR receiver. The logic is that the camera on its base is set next to the TV and you can activate the viewing from across the room.
Sanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2007, 1:44 PM   #36

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
hi hisownshadow, the E1 records at 30 progressive frames per second (30p), however it has the capability tosmoothly playback this video at 60 interlaced fields per second (60i) when in TV Out mode to match theNTSC TVstandard. Fields are interlaced half framescontaining theodd and even lines of a complete frame. I'm not aware of any consumer camera on the market that records 60 progressive frames per second."60 frames per second" has become a marketing term for consumer camcorders because it sounds good, when in actual fact it's undoubtedly 60 interlaced fields per second. Only some Pro HD cameras can do true 60p.

I received the E1 last week and try to shoot video insimular enviornment [ as above url link file, can someone advise the settings? My shooting video show many noise because I set every at default.
EWONGCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2007, 1:46 PM   #37

EWONGCA wrote:
Quote:
Caelum wrote:
Quote:

I received the E1 last week and try to shoot video insimular enviornment [ as above url link file, can someone advise the settings? My shooting video show many noise because I set every at default.
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/watercam/sanyo-xacti-e1-worlds-first-waterproof-camcorder-262461.php

EWONGCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2009, 11:44 AM   #38

I'm wondering how the flash is on this camera indoors? I currently have an older model Xacti and the flash is ok but indoor pics can be dark. I wished it had an LED based flash. I'm thinking of replacing that Xacti with this new camera soon so I was hoping to get an opinion.
JenHolmes01 is offline   Reply With Quote