Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old May 25, 2007, 11:50 PM   #1

i followed the instruction upto the menu screen. (the firmware is in the root and DCIM inbetween)

so, i press the set button long enough to go to the update page, but nothing happen. turn off and then on, still the same.

what can i do?
krisoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 26, 2007, 9:18 AM   #2

You should not press the set button, you should simply move it to the left once the FORMAT option is highlighted in the menu. You say you get the update page (should look like below),if soyou just need to move the setbutton up to select YES, then press the set button. Then it will update the firmware and the redlight will flash, just like it says in the instructions.

[align=center][/align]
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2007, 11:20 AM   #3

Two most common mistakes.

1. Make sure that the .bin file is on the "root" directory of a standard <2MB card (root means not in any folder)

2. Only works in playback mode format.

Please let us know if you are able to get it to work.
Sanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2007, 1:05 PM   #4

Thank you everyone, it works!

btw, the reason i did this is i bought a 4gb SD card, and it always says carf full.

so, after i flash this. the message is gone and now i can use the SD card.

To share where i bought is and it is a super HOT DEAL, at Ecost.com for only $19.00

http://ecost.com/detail.aspx?edp=37155639
krisoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 7:28 PM   #5

I have successfully loaded the latest firmware to my DMX-C6. A few things which might help other users. The firmware update creates two folders ("DMX-C6&VPC-C6" and "DMX-C6", each with a bin file. I have done a binary compare and the two bin files are exactly the same, so it shouldn't matter which you use.

In the instructions where it says "press the SET buton on the left for 2 seconds", you should press the SET button TO the left.

Finally, I also found that video would only shoot for 2 seconds after the firmware update - until I reformatted the SD cards like the instructions said !!!

JHWNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2007, 10:03 PM   #6

Hi all...I'm having the usual noob probs and can't get the update to work. I downloaded it, decompressed the proper .bin file and copied it to my freshly formatted card. It's in the root directory. I followed the above instructions in this manner:
I highlight the FORMAT option and move the SET button to the left for several seconds and nothing happens. For giggles, I then pressed SET to get to the FORMAT, FULL FORMAT, EXIT screen and tried it there...still nothing.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!:-)
mulcbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 12:17 AM   #7

check if you are in playback or record mode. It only works in playback.
Sanyo is offline   Reply With Quote