Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jun 24, 2007, 5:14 AM   #1

Hello all.

Just bought a CA6 and m happy with it as it is tiny and does what it says on the tin. This cam will be great for travelling.

However, although I knew there was no tripod mount, I am looking at ways of making one...

I'd like to use it with my Gorilla tripod as they'll be exactly right for each other.

What if anything, have other people done ? I'm thinking of glueing a nut on the bottom but someone out there will probably have a better method.

Any tips appreciated !:-)

Edit : Sorry ! Didn't mean to post this lots of times but it looked like the server wasn't responding ....
Cacal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 29, 2007, 5:37 AM   #2

I am sure I saw a post by Sanyo (forum member - not the company) that said the E1 had a tripod mount. Does this mean that the E1 and CA65 differ? Or, do neither of these cameras have a tripod mount? I think the lack of a tripod mount is a serious omission for this camera.
LenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2007, 9:31 AM   #3

LenP wrote:
Quote:
I am sure I saw a post by Sanyo (forum member - not the company) that said the E1 had a tripod mount. Does this mean that the E1 and CA65 differ? Or, do neither of these cameras have a tripod mount? I think the lack of a tripod mount is a serious omission for this camera.
Cacal istalking aboutthe older water-resistant CA6,that does not have a tripod mount. The water-proof E1 (called CA65 outside North America) does indeed have a tripod mount. This iswhat theCA6 looks like:

[align=center][/align]
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 4:58 AM   #4

Thanks for putting me right Caelum. It looks like I will have to take the plunge and buy a CA65/E1, but what colour ...?
LenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2007, 3:22 PM   #5

I have found you can use the Nokia adjustable tripod - the jaws open wide enough to hold this camera length ways (i.e. front to back). Solves the problem and it comes with a useful but small ball head.

Nokia Tripod DT-22
Cacal is offline   Reply With Quote