Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jul 9, 2007, 7:09 AM   #1

Hi, need your advice on what settings do you use during video recording under a)low light b)sunny day c)fast moving objects (at background), in order to get best outcome (low noise,less artifact, less focusseekingand good detail). Thanks in advance~
n0v1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 10, 2007, 2:12 AM   #2

anyone? what combination give the best outcome? (ISO, Flicker Reduction, Noise Reduction, Auto Focus, Focus Mode, Exp Measure & etc).

btw, noise reduction feature is for still picture only?
Old Jul 10, 2007, 5:34 AM   #3

You can't set too many settings. There is no way to lock the iris or to control shutter speed. (night mode is 15fps) I have a GC65 and outside in daylight its pretty good, use the antishake and I set the ev at -.3 or -.6.

The battery will only last about 40 minuets if you have the LCD turned up so have a spare.

There is no noise reduction for video. I do set the image adjustment to soft for less shaping.

For low light I have been doing some testing and it does fairly well in most lit rooms with the ISO locked to 200. You can turn up the EV setting some from their without going to the 400 ISO setting.

The focus will hunt so set the range to the range you have or just lock it.

ISO 400 is fairly noisy but works well for really low light around 20 LUX or so. You could clean it up later with a noise filter I did this and it worked fine.

Night mode really is just for fun but a flash light will be all you need.

ArizonaVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2007, 9:17 AM   #4

n0v1ce, if you haven't done so already, read the manual, there isa wealth of information and good tips in there.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2007, 12:02 AM   #5

HI, my daughter bought that xacti sanyo cg65 digicam in Japan, the problem is the manual is in japanese characters, She dont even know how to read Japanese characters. Please tell me if you know where can we order an Enlish one of that said camera. I wil appreciate it if you could help me. my daughter been searching in internet but she cant find one.

Thank you vere much, have a great day.

Eves
eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2007, 12:35 AM   #6

Hi eves, you can download(right-click, Save Target As...) the English manuals from these links: Sanyo Xacti CG65 User Manual and CG65 Software Manual. German, French and Italian manuals are also available from Sanyo Xacti Europe's support site(choose a flag at the top right).
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2007, 2:58 AM   #7

thks for all advices, i have read the manual but just would like to know more on your hands-on experiences/settings combination for my reference