Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jul 12, 2007, 11:54 AM   #1

Hi,

I purchased a Sanyo VPC-CG65 camcorder a month ago, and took many small clips (each one lasts just one to two minutes) with two 4GB SD cards.

I tried to use the feature of Video Edit -> Join to concatenate small clips to a big one. It was working just fine at the beginning and I could concatenate up to 9 small clips at a time. The resulting big clip can play a few minutes, which is good.

Today, when I tried to do the same thing with the second 4GB SD card, this feature doesn't work well. When I select the first clip, an error message "Insufficient memory remaining" pops up and it won't let me select any clips.

To check this problem, I take two new small clips, each lasts only 10 seconds. The Join feature lets me select the first 10 sec clip, but the same error message pops up when I select the second 10 sec clip. It seems like the internal memory can not even hold 20 second-long clip.

Does this symptom mean the built-in memory has problem or do I need to set up something? This camcorder is only a month old L

Thanks,

Lee

lxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 12, 2007, 11:56 PM   #2

I don't think the clips are joined in memory, they are joined by directly reading from and writing to the SD card, the size should only be limited by the space left on the SD card. However, the "insufficient memory remaining" message is puzzling. Could it be a problem withthe SD card(s)?Did you trya different brand and model SD card to see? Perhapsit's related to the SD card being 4GB,can you try it with a 1 or 2 GB card to see if it still occurs? Try formatting the card using the camera? Could be a bug in the firmware, I don't know.

But I can confirm that I've joined multiple large videos without issues.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2007, 12:40 PM   #3

Thanks. What you mentioned does make sense to me.

I think the "Insufficient memory remaining" error messageis probably because the SD card is almost full. I'll double check it and let you know.

Thanks for your help!

Lee
Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:16 PM   #4

I double checked this issue. Yes, you are right. The error message "Insuficient memory remaining" I saw during Join clips is because the SD card is almost full. After remove some clips from the SD card, I can use Join feature to concatinate clips without problem.

Thanks,

Lee
Old Jul 20, 2007, 12:43 PM   #5

When I saw this question, I thought I was finally going to ride to the rescue of someone in trouble with his Xacti. I was not surprised to see that Caelum beat me to the punch. Nothing like having such a savvy user on this forum that's able to help us with specific information submitted so courteously. Thanks again, Caelum.

I continue to be surprised by the in camera editing ability of this little CG65. It's really one of the nicest improvements in the Xacti line, at least for my purposes.

Now, if only Sanyo could pack a 10X zoom with optical IS in this same little package, we'd really have something special. Actually, more special. The CG65 is already something very special.
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote