Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jul 21, 2007, 10:02 PM   #1

Can someone suggest some free or reasonably-priced software for editing H.264 movies recorded from CG-65 on a PC (instead ofusing the built-in editing functions inCG-65)? Has anyone tried Quicktime Pro 7.2 ($29.95)? Thanks.

pragnanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 23, 2007, 11:39 AM   #2

pragnanzer wrote:
Quote:
Can someone suggest some free or reasonably-priced software for editing H.264 movies recorded from CG-65 on a PC (instead ofusing the built-in editing functions inCG-65)? Has anyone tried Quicktime Pro 7.2 ($29.95)? Thanks.
Some people might have suggested some earlier in this forum, but many of the affordable ones are now fully supporting H.264, like Ulead Videostudio 11 and Adobe Premier Elements 3.0,as they all probably will in the near future.

Other than that,you can use a combination of free tools like MP4Cam2AVI and VirtualDub or even Windows Movie Maker 2 (after having converted to AVI).

But I don't recommend Quicktime Pro, as it's limited for editing, it will only reallydo cuts and joins. Try Squared 5's MPEG Streamclip, it's free and pretty well does everything Quicktime Pro does, and more.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2007, 10:20 AM   #3

pragnanzer wrote:
Quote:

i'm using cyberlink powerdirector,intuitive & user-friendly
n0v1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2007, 1:53 AM   #4

Thank Caelum and n0v1ce for your recommendations. I will check them out and I am sure one of them will meet my needs.
pragnanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2008, 12:20 AM   #5

If you're still here, n0v1ce, what version of PowerDirector are you using? It seems version 6 comes with full H.264 output capability. Version 5, on the other hand, requires an add-on pack to output H.264 video. I have PowerDirector V5 Premium. I have spent hours searching for information on this, but I've been unable to locate a download source for the add-on pack. In addition, I've been unable to determine if either version 5 or 6 will accept/input H.264 files without modification. All the information related to PowerDirector and H.264 refers to output, not input.

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2008, 9:08 AM   #6

Ulead videostudio 11 plus is very easy to use but it is not the best software around, Sony Vegas 8 is great software but itsbit harder to use but worth the effort.
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2008, 9:13 AM   #7

I use believe it or not to convert and cost 2.99 Arcsoft total media Extreme. even though we know (cough)(cough) Aiptek is not great, does not mean Arcsoft takes a fall. love there stuff andworks for the .movMP4 sanyo
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote