Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jul 27, 2007, 1:04 PM   #1

Seems like more and more digital picture frames will display Mpeg4 videos, but has anyone found a 7"+ frame that displays both video and audio directly from the Sanyo C6 without any conversion?

I have a very nice-looking 8" Matsunichi PF800 frame that for some reason will display without conversion about half of the video clips I shoot with the C6. Tech support was unable to explain why some clips worked and others from the same camera did not. None of the videos have sound. I understand that the frame needs the sound to be in MP3 or PCM, so I need to either find a frame that will accept sound from the C6 in its native format orfind a way to convert C6 video sound to MP3 or PCM.

TIA
dcpmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 27, 2007, 7:45 PM   #2

MP4Cam2AVI will transfer (no conversion) your C6 MP4 videointo an AVI fileand optionalyconvert the audio into MP3 or PCM. Since it doesn't convert the video there is no loss in quality and it's very fast.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 9:40 PM   #3

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
MP4Cam2AVI will transfer (no conversion) your C6 MP4 video*into an AVI file*and optionaly*convert the audio into MP3 or PCM.* Since it doesn't convert the video there is no loss in quality and it's very fast.
Thanks for the tip! That seems perfect for conversions....

I purchased a Digital Spectrum NuVue NV-800 Plus frame today. I'll try that one as well, as I would still like to find a frame that didn't need converting.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 12:40 AM   #4

Well, despite what the Digital Spectrum tech support guy said, I'm pretty sure the frame I just ordered WON'T work unconverted with the C6. I should have realized that the frame has to work with AAC.

I have found a 10.4" frame manufactured in China that has 800x600 resolution and does MP4 and AAC, so it should work. I am trying to order a sample to confirm.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 7:04 PM   #5

Most picture frames will NOT work despite the fact that they say they handle MPEG-4. The reason, they didn't actually license MPEG-4 decoding. I tried several and several conversion all to no avail. When queried, the companies stated that you could do it with certain decoders, etc. etc. All total, I tried unsuccessfully with 6 different popular brands sold on Amazon.com.

The one that I did get to work with a file straight from the Xacti camera was PanDigital. I tested it with a pre-h.264 camera. But even it was designed to display stills. Constant video is a stretch for it.
Sanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2007, 8:57 PM   #6

Sanyo wrote:
Quote:
Most picture frames will NOT work despite the fact that they say they handle MPEG-4.
So I am finding out. But the conversion program recommended by Caelum works great for my Matsunichi frame, which doesn't seem to get bogged down like other frames I've tested. I tested both converting the audio to both PCM and MP3, and both work fine.

I am still hoping to find a frame the will work without conversions, and I'm still waiting for an email back from the Chinese company to see if I can purchase a sample....