Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Aug 7, 2007, 3:04 AM   #1

While I'm currently leaning towards a CG6, I just stumbled across a couple of on-line sellers who have the HD2 for a little over $100 more (total) but can't seem to find any owner reviews or sample clips (with the exception of this site owners review) so am looking for some feedback and info on the HD2 before I pull the trigger and buy a cam.

So if anyone has (or knows where I can find) clips and still shots taken by this cam (indoor/low light and outdoor) I'd really like to see them as well as hear opinions of those who own or have used this camera

Thanks
bjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 7, 2007, 3:28 AM   #2

Did you lookin the Sanyo forum of this website?
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2007, 5:46 AM   #3

Sure did, and not much info like Im looking foron it there either.

Old Aug 7, 2007, 6:14 AM   #4

I recently brought the cg65 and took it into work, and told someone about the HD version. She then purchased one and brought it into work, the picture quality in low light (office with most lights off) seems as good as the cg65 although many reviews seem to offer a different opinion. The HD2 owner did make a statement that she wished for all the features of her camera but to be the size of the cg65.
The actual unit is quite a bit heavier and larger but the 10x zoom on the HD2 over the 5x zoom of the cg65 is an advantage for me.
The picture quality of the HD2 seemed better (not a great deal better though) but I was comparing 720p against 640x480 resolutions, also the HD2 seems a more polished product but it is a good £100 ($200 approx) difference in the UK and I could not justify the price as my pc is so slow to edit SD h.264 video let alone HD h.264.
I had about 20 min play with the HD2 so only got a feel of the product.
I did have some sample shots on the HD2 but deleted them, but i think whatever your choice you will be happy as long as you don't expect top notch quality captures.
herbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2007, 9:45 AM   #5

I saw some sample video I downloaded and was very impressed with it. I actually bid ona couple on ebay, and nearly won one of them. it ended up selling for $245 and I had only bid $225. That would have been a great deal, but unfortunatly most of them are now going for $400 or more on ebay, so I think that one was just a fluke.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2007, 10:29 AM   #6

If I could have got the HD2 for just another $100 more then the CG6, I'd have the HD2 right now:G

http://www.sanyo-dsc.com/english/pro...d2/movies.html

MorePixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 2:48 PM   #7

Hi again,

I think I've decided I want an HD2, though don't want to/won't pay a premium for it, so am going to keep an eye on E-bay and bid on (and hopefully win)them when the price is right (either that or wait for a good drop in price)

Thanks for all the input and good info this forum provides, and I'll be sure and let everyone know if/when I get one!
Old Aug 17, 2007, 3:18 PM   #8

I had bid on an HD1a on ebay a few weeks ago and only missed it by a few dollars. The selling price ended up around $250. I actually paid more for my CG6.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 3:33 PM   #9

herbs wrote:
Quote:
I recently brought the cg65 and took it into work, and told someone about the HD version. She then purchased one and brought it into work, the picture quality in low light (office with most lights off) seems as good as the cg65 although many reviews seem to offer a different opinion. The HD2 owner did make a statement that she wished for all the features of her camera but to be the size of the cg65.
The actual unit is quite a bit heavier and larger but the 10x zoom on the HD2 over the 5x zoom of the cg65 is an advantage for me.
The picture quality of the HD2 seemed better (not a great deal better though) but I was comparing 720p against 640x480 resolutions, also the HD2 seems a more polished product but it is a good £100 ($200 approx) difference in the UK and I could not justify the price as my pc is so slow to edit SD h.264 video let alone HD h.264.
I had about 20 min play with the HD2 so only got a feel of the product.
I did have some sample shots on the HD2 but deleted them, but i think whatever your choice you will be happy as long as you don't expect top notch quality captures.
The HD2 doesn't use h264. It uses regular MPEG4 like their earlier cameras such as my C40. This is one of the reasons a lot of fuss was made over the GO-HD since this was the first sub $500 HD camera to use h264.

I have some video that I downloaded off another forum a while back done that is 180MB in length that had some stunning footage from a HD1. To me, the difference in quality between the Hidef Cameras and the Standard Definition models wasn't small.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote