Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Aug 8, 2007, 12:02 PM   #1

I've posted this on a couple of other forums without much luck so I'll try it here, aware that it's slightly off topic. However, I'm guessing I'll get some good feedback from you folks.

I want to get a reliable external hard drive to use with my new laptop. I have many photos and video clips and the storage requirement adds up. I like to have backups of everything. I have a WD passport that I use to backup things and carry them back and forth to Idaho several times a year but I want something this time that has some good backup software.

Can anyone make a recommendation based on actual use? I think I want something at least 320GB but that's not a must. I'd like to get something with software that will enable it to do automatic backups of the items I designate. I've seen a few ads that state,....."backup your entire hard drive with the push of one button" etc but I'd sure like to hear from a user with a model recommnedation.
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 15, 2007, 3:35 PM   #2

I am not a fan of the bundled services. Instead, I use the WD MyBook 500gb drive (very reliable and quiet), and for backups use Genie Backup Manager (http://www.genie-soft.com/). Very cheap, easy-to-use backup software.
bltkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 10:58 AM   #3

The My Book seems like a good option. My Vista laptop seems to have a decent backup program on it already so I probably don't need anything else. Thanks!
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote