Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Aug 24, 2007, 4:32 PM   #1

Sanyo Japan has a new teaser campaigngoing.They have a silver key witha number (0830) = August 30, 2007.An imageof acouple with a baby on a beach? ...perhaps meaningless, just sentimental.It looks like it might be yet another pistol grip camera, but I'd be surprised if it was. We'll soon see...
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 25, 2007, 8:40 AM   #2

Lol - I just bought my HD2 - I bet they're about to reveal the HD3 with all the extra features I want!
istara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2007, 3:17 PM   #3

Istara,

Don't sweat the small stuff,........If they come out with something newer and better than the HD2, it will make a dandy back up camera.

I've been in heat for a Canon S5 IS still camera for many months now but found it hard to justify buying one since I had a similar camera sitting on the shelf. My son was over today and I decided he should have my old one. He was thrilled and I feel liberated!

I will admit I'm curious to see what Sanyo is coming out with next. I'm not into the HD but I sure like my CG65.
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2007, 5:50 PM   #4

Well I really did want H.264 but if the new one has that AND interval record/timelapse, I will almost certainly upgrade.

I have been so busy today that I haven't even had time to try out the HD2 (except getting it out of its box and checking everything works). But I have to say I am already thrilled with the ultra-low light setting compared to my C6.

I know a lot of people moan about how even the HD2 handles light and the graininess, but shooting in HD if I resize it and compress it it will reduce the noise anyway. Just to have a Xacti that can "see" in dim light is a breakthrough.

I just wish it was (a) the same size as my C6 (impossible yeah I know!) and (b) had the same lovely "antique silver" colouring and design. The C6 really is a stunning little machine.
istara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2007, 1:57 AM   #5

It's the Xacti HD1000! I'll start a new thread...
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote