Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Aug 25, 2007, 7:48 PM   #1

I recently got an Xacti, andI bought a 1gb memory card. Today I decided to transfer my pics and videos to my computer. They connect, and the computer recognizes it, but I cannot figure out how to transfer my pics and videos over to the computer and into a files. HELP!
green_girl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 25, 2007, 9:40 PM   #2

When you connect a camera (in card reader mode) to a PC via USB, the memory card simply appears as a new drive. You should be able to directly copy the photo and video filesfrom your memory card onto your PC as you would any other files. You don't mention what camera or operating system (kind of PC) you are using.

After attaching your camera via USB, on a Windows PC, go to "My Computer" and you should see a new drive letter appear. If you are not sure which drive letter is new, open them and the one that contains a folder called "DCIM" is the contents of your memory card in your camera. Your picture (.JPG) and video (.MP4) filesshould be located in the sub-folder 100SANYO.

Look at your camera'ssoftware manual for some help.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2007, 12:31 AM   #3

Wow thanks that helped.

I have found the folder with all the files, but now when I open them, the video plays but there is no sound. I don't know if this is something to do with the camera or the computer.

My camera is an Xacti CG6 and I am using Windows XP.

Thanks for the help!
Old Aug 27, 2007, 8:29 AM   #4

You don't mentionwhich media player you are using on your PC. If you are using Windows Media Player and cansee the video but do not hear audio, then you may be missing an AAC (advanced audio coding) codec on your PC;you can download and install the free CoreAAC codec in this case.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 7:43 PM   #5

Ok thanks.

Well now I have a new problem. I have transferred my video's to my computer, but I am trying to import them into windows movie maker and they won't do it.

It says they are the wrong file type. I'm not very technical so I don't know how to solve this. I think my videos are mpg. Do I have to convert them or something? And how do I do that?
Old Sep 4, 2007, 7:50 PM   #6

Windows Movie Maker is picky, it will only open AVI or WMV files. Use the free MP4Cam2AVI tool to transfer your MP4 videos into AVI files, it's a fast process; you might want to select the software's option to convert the audio to PCM format while you are at itfor editing.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 8:03 PM   #7

Ok well I clicked on the link you provided, and it did'nt open. It brought up a window but wouldn't load. It may be a problem with my computer though. Do you know of any other links I could try?

Also speaking of the camera's software, my CG65 came with two disks, and they don't seem to be much help. One I think is supposed to help make a dvd, which I am not interested in at the moment, and the other disk won't really work. It installed it, but if I try to go to the menu, it uninstalls it. Or something.

All I want to do is upload my videos, edit them and stick them on youtube. I've been very sucessful with my webcam videos, but I was really excited about the Exacti and it's making me mad. Haha.

By the way, thanks so much for all your help, it is GREATLY appreciated!!

But yeah, any ideas about the link or the software?

Old Sep 4, 2007, 9:36 PM   #8

Here is a direct download link for the latest version (2.71) of MP4Cam2AVI: MP4Cam2AVI_v2.71.zip from sourceforge.

MP4Cam2AVI should be all you need. It's easy to use, just unzip it, then run the EXE, from within MP4Cam2AVI select your input MP4 files, save them as AVI files, then you can edit those AVI files with Windows Movie Maker. It's fairly quick and easy.

If you want a simpler process you could consider purchasing a video editing application that directly supports the MP4 file format (many do, just check the specs).
Old Sep 5, 2007, 2:54 PM   #9

Ok, thanks so much!