Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 5, 2008, 2:09 PM   #991

Klas, you are right, just tried the Cyberlink Powerdirector 6 and it almost flawlessly handles the mp4, just i don't want to use a 4th editor, which is looks like cool but i loved my Vegas's or Premiere's prof features. BTW the PowerDirector's price still in acceptable category.

BTW i see there is a but interlaced when using the 1080i in PowerDirector, any solution for it, because on the final rendered material there is a big interlaced quality

EDIT: okay, just found the solution for interlace problem to PowerDirector.
Drop the clip to the workflow >> right click on the clip >> Set TV format >> check the second options.

re-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2008, 5:02 PM   #992

Because of an issue with HD in Sony Vegas I am forced to use PowerDirector, but I agree it's no match in features. I still use Sony Vegas or SD stuff though....

When I was at CES 2008 I went to Sony booth and they were demoing Vegas Pro there I talked to the guy about this issue and he said to turn up memory (default is 128MB) in Vegas settings, but that didn't resolve the issue for me...

Anyone tried Avid Liquid 7?
klas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2008, 12:44 AM   #993

I see you are very Happy about Sanyo HD1000 yes very nice Camera and I bought one but I have put in my drawer because i don't find completed editing program i work usely with Pinnaclesys and bought just Studio11 Ultimate but i have it also to put in my drawer because Don't support Mpeg4 and Sanyo is in Mpeg4:?

Maybe you can help me :|how solve that problemThanks
albertvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2008, 5:36 AM   #994

I read in several posts here about burning hi-def files on DVD and playing them using a PS3.
I have read somewere else, that blue ray discs now outnumber HD discs, and that a great number of blue ray disk players are actually PS3s. I am not into video gaming myself, but now I therefore checked the Swedish prices for PS3s and blue ray disk players, and the latter were not less pricey than the former, nor could they record.

Now I wonder -did I get this right: one can with the proper burning program burn high resolution video on an "old fashioned" disc and burner and then watch this hi-def video using a PS3 for play back???
Big Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2008, 12:38 PM   #995

Big Pete,

Here is a homemade stabilizer which mounts to the handlebar stem of a bicycle. The HD1000 should be ideal for this use, thanks to its light weight. His YouTube video linked in Step 10 looks rock-stable to me. In fact, I'm so impressed that now I want to build one of these things. What do you think?

http://www.instructables.com/id/EXVSE9WSF6EXCFHMY8/
altmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2008, 4:29 AM   #996
zod

Big Pete wrote:
Quote:
Now I wonder -did I get this right: one can with the proper burning program burn high resolution video on an "old fashioned" disc and burner and then watch this hi-def video using a PS3 for play back???
Yes, you can burn high definition video on a normal DVD with a normal DVD writer. I do it all the time with Nero8, includingbasic native editing. Choices for PS3: AVCHD with a menu (converting slow, file size small),Nero Digital AVCdata DVD (converting a little bit faster, file size a little bit smaller)or MPEG2 data DVD (converting much faster, file size almost twice as big). Quality is about the same for these three options if you use the settings i described in my post on page 49.
zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2008, 4:03 AM   #997

I wonder if anybody tried to do screen capturing with capture card like with Tape cameras. There is hdmi or component output so maybe there is a solution if you can capture the screen in real time to PC. or am i wrong?
Old Feb 10, 2008, 9:12 AM   #998

Yes you can capture non-encoded video via HDMI via a Blackmagic card made by Infinity.
SteveNunez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2008, 10:23 AM   #999

zod wrote:
Quote:
Big Pete wrote:
Quote:
Yes, you can burn high definition video on a normal DVD with a normal DVD writer. I do it all the time with Nero8, includingbasic native editing. Choices for PS3: AVCHD with a menu (converting slow, file size small),Nero Digital AVCdata DVD (converting a little bit faster, file size a little bit smaller)or MPEG2 data DVD (converting much faster, file size almost twice as big). Quality is about the same for these three options if you use the settings i described in my post on page 49.
Hey Zod, I did burn regular DVD movie from 1080 file, quality came out rather old VHS tape, watchable, but after seeing the same footage on 1080i it broke my heart:-) I have no PS3 so now I am seriouisly thinking of external storage lik My Book. Any recommendation for a good external drive for HD1000 ?
vikajakub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 4:41 AM   #1000

SteveNunez wrote:
Quote:
Yes you can capture non-encoded video via HDMI via a Blackmagic card made by Infinity.
So as you said, if i recorded the video i can capture this clip from my HD1000? And there won't be any counter anywhere?

$350 is a bit costly for me, just to HD1000's mpeg4 format could be edited easily in and video-editor