Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 13, 2008, 11:51 AM   #1011

I am not Zod, but I'd still like to volonteer the guess, that your burner program is old and uncapable to "imagine" that a higher resolution than PAL is possible..

vikajakub wrote:
Quote:
IHey Zod, I did burn regular DVD movie from 1080 file, quality came out rather old VHS tape, watchable, but after seeing the same footage on 1080i it broke my heart I have no PS
Big Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 2:19 PM   #1012

sorry, I was talking about real time editing. Final rendered video is fine, but preview video is choppy especially with fadeeffect for instance
klas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 4:58 PM   #1013

ricanlinx wrote:
Quote:
the HD1000 cannot video files that are not stored on it's SD card unfortunately, why would you want to to do that anyways?

the best best is to connect the HD1000, browse to the HD1000 file save folder, and drop the edited jpegs on there.

other than that it will not work.
From what I see, if you touch the file and save it back to the card, camera cannot see it any longer. I see files that I edited and saved back, but they all show big "?" I assume, that the same will happen even if I save them to external hard drive and use HD1000 library function?
vikajakub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 5:03 PM   #1014

The camera tags all the videos with flags that are unique to itself- once you change a video and save- the flag isn't there and thus the camera can't play the video.
SteveNunez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 5:35 AM   #1015
zod

zod wrote:
Quote:
Big Pete wrote:
Quote:
Now I wonder -did I get this right: one can with the proper burning program burn high resolution video on an "old fashioned" disc and burner and then watch this hi-def video using a PS3 for play back???
Yes, you can burn high definition video on a normal DVD with a normal DVD writer. I do it all the time with Nero8, includingbasic native editing. Choices for PS3: AVCHD with a menu (converting slow, file size small),Nero Digital AVCdata DVD (converting a little bit faster, file size a little bit smaller)or MPEG2 data DVD (converting much faster, file size almost twice as big). Quality is about the same for these three options if you use the settings i described in my post on page 49.
Forgot a veryinteresting option for PS3. I found out thatHD1000 1080ifiles, burned on a normal DVD (write data disk) with a normal DVD writer,could be played by my PS3 (software version 2.0) right from the disk! In the latest software versionfor PS3 Sony somehow f*ck*d that up, so now i have to copy the files fm theDVD to the PS3 harddisk before i can play them. As far as i know going back to software version 2.0 for PS3 is not possible.Will reallyhate those Sony guys for a while.
zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 9:55 AM   #1016

Hi all,

Any recommendations for PC hardware that'll allow smooth and quick playback/editing/encoding of HD1000 1920x1080 HD video?...

Intel Core 2 Duo, Core2 Quad, or Core 2 Extreme processor - is it worth going for the Quad (or Extreme)? Extreme is probably over my budget but I wonder if it makes a big difference in viewing/editing full-HD video. Or is a Core 2 Duo adequate?

Any recommendations for graphics cards? Nvidia or ATI and which models? How much video memory? 128MB enough?

And does the amount of system memory make a big difference? The cost jump from 2GB to 4GB is huge so is it worth it?

I realize that answers to some of these depend on the software I plan on using. Based on what I've been reading Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinumseems to be what to go with if I don't want to spend more than $100 on editing software, correct? If so, does Vegas Movie Studio Platinum use the graphics card's GPU for major processing (editing/encoding)?

Just seeking some basic guidance in the PC hardware area. I'd consider using a Mac but the software/hardware setup would be over my budget.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Cheers,
Derek
derektom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:05 AM   #1017

SteveNunez wrote:
Quote:
The camera tags all the videos with flags that are unique to itself- once you change a video and save- the flag isn't there and thus the camera can't play the video.
That really sucks, what a stupid solution, even if you only edit picture a bit and save, camera won't see it anymore....what were Sanyo's programmers thinking? Maybe future upgrade can change it, damn.
vikajakub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 2:59 PM   #1018

I just came across this cam and I wondered how is the 720 60p for slowmotion? Can I shoot a 60p clip and put it in a 30p timeline in Vegas and stretch it 50% and get really good slowmo ?

I have an HV20 and HDR-HC3 and I have been shooting 1080i converting to 60P then put that into a 30p time line for decent results.

http://www.vimeo.com/606233

http://www.vimeo.com/629413

Does anyone have any un-touched60p clips for download?
jra111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 3:39 PM   #1019

I have Acer 5920G (1.5Ghz C2D, 2GB Ram, 5400 rpm HD) and i am able to playback HD1000 files fine. Also, I am able to edit them in Sony Vegas Pro 8b and PowerDirector 6, but with Sony Vegas I was getting choppy playback in preview window, in PowerDirector 6 it worked fine, so I thought I needed more powerful PC.

I just bought Dell XPS 1530 with 2.2 C2D, 3GB Ram, 7200 rpm HD and that did not resolve the issue with choppy preview in Sony Vegas Pro 8b. On top of that rendering would always fail with .mp4 files. Then I discovered free conversion tool (mp4CAM2avi) After quickly converting all mp4 files to avi I was able to get smoother playback without any quality loss and files rendered just fine.

So, my conclusion here is that .mp4 format is barely supported and you don't need the latest and the greatest computer to edit HD files, but you do need fast cpu for rendering projects. I rendered 25 minuite file that had about 50 short clips in [email protected] in about 2 hours.

I am not sure what you want desktop or laptop, but I personally prefer laptop for editing projects:

My XPS 1530 from outlet was $1269 (without any coupons) that included, WXGA+ screen, [email protected], 3GB Ram, 200GB 7200 rpm HDm 8600GT 256MB.

Get the best CPU you can afford, because it's important for rendering videos and upgrading it yourself later on will void the warranty. 4GB of laptop memory from newegg is about $80, but I found that even 2GB is enough for my projects.
klas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 9:51 PM   #1020

choavana wrote:
Quote:
Ajax99 wrote:
Quote:
Choavana, Vimeo works great but won't accept 1920x1080i video.� I've tried several of them and the image is not rendered properly.� If you record your video in 1280x720 is works though.� Cheers
Sorry about that. I shoot everything in 720p. Hope it's still useful to you.
Hello from Iguassu Falls, BRAZIL.
(it took me 5 hours to read all 45 pages. Congratulations HD Lovers.)

You can upload 720 and 1080 movies converted to divx to http://www.stage6.com
I use to convert, in my iMac, with Mpeg StreamClip both versions Macosx and WinXP under bootcamp.

BTW Brazil has started last december 2007 broadcasting HDTV to Air, using ISDB-Tb, an H.264AVC and HE-AAC upgraded to the Japanese ISDB-T standard and mobile/portable devices can be watched too, by "1Seg" technology.

In Sao Paulo, eigth channels are broadcasting now HDTV 1080i at 12Mbps.
See the clips converted to divx 4Mbps, on this link:
http://www.stage6.com/user/HDTVBrasil/videos/order:date

The only occasion where macroblocks appeared was during Carnaval in Rio transmitions because too much moving objects/persons to many directions and very small groups of pixels changing luminance and color at the same time.
By 2012, Brasil will have 1876 HDTV stations spread all over the country and the analog simulcast shutdown is planned for 2016.

The next cities to start on this first quarter will be: Rio de Janeiro, Belo Horizonte, Curitiba, Porto Alegre and Brasilia.

Enjoy.
GekoBR is offline   Reply With Quote